Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elentari

Reaction score
So my rabbit has these two little bumps a few centimetres under both her eyes, and I don't know if they're new, or I just somehow never noticed them before and they're natural for rabbits to have.
Anyway, they feel relatively similar in size/same placement, they're kind of like semi hard bumps, and they move with her fur when I rub her face. She has no problem with me touching them and had no issue with me moving her fur around to get a better look; she actually enjoyed it and was happy purring. She also has no problems eating, drinking, or playing.
However, I'm just an Incredibly Anxious Person, more so when it comes to her so I just want to be sure that they're either; not harmful and normal for rabbits, or if they are potential abscesses and I need to take her to the vet.
Here's a photo, I only got one bump because she does not like the flash and only tolerated the few I got of the one, but they're similar so.

Attachments

• eyebump.jpg
    eyebump.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 12
I don't know what it is, but one possibility is that it could be allergies. Fall is a big time for allergies and one of my rabbits is having problems with her skin. I take her to an agility class, and other people in the class were saying some of their rabbits are going through the same thing.

hi, I found this post, my bunny has similar thing, a few cm under his eyes. Would it disappear itself? What allergy could cause it?

Thank you

hi, I found this post, my bunny has similar thing, a few cm under his eyes. Would it disappear itself? What allergy could cause it?

Thank you
my vet said they are normal and some rabbit just have them. they've never caused problems or anything like that.

Any chance they had ticks there? You quite likely wouldn't have noticed.

Latest posts

Back