Pictures of our Keepers!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shayhara

Reaction score
Just wanted to share some pictures of the buns we have kept back from our spring litters. I am pretty happy with all of them. Though I wouldn't say any of them are "perfect". I want to see what they look like as the mature into seniors and finish filling out.

The Mini lops

Smith's The Master - Jr Buck - Solid Gold Tipped black steel
SmithsTheMasterface.jpg

hoping he fills out a bit, but this isn't the best picture of him, as he is a hard poser, always trying to pull back, so it's hard to keep him in the right spto and take the picture at the same time.
SmithsTheMasterposed.jpg

SmithsTheMasterbutt.jpg

Smith's The Doctor - Jr Buck - Solid Gold tipped black steel
SmithsTheDoctorface.jpg

I like The Doctor more then The Master at this point, but that has changed off and on since they where babies, so I am keeping both a bit longer.
SmithsTheDoctorposed2.jpg

SmithsTheDoctortop.jpg

SmithsTheDoctorbutt.jpg

Smith's Lister of Smeg - Jr Buck - Broken Chestnut Agouti
SmithsLIsterSMB9face.jpg

I really like this buck. Even though Chestnut is one of my least favorite colors. He will be staying on for a while.
SmithsListerSMB9top.jpg

SmithsListerSMB9posed.jpg

SmithsListerSMB9posed.jpg

Smith's Landon - Jr Buck - Broken Silver tipped black steel
SmithsLandonside-1.jpg

He is impossible to pose, Impossible I say! I just get him in the right spot and grab the camera and he moves a foot, or pulls back or tries to push forwards or leans.
SmithsLandontop.jpg

Smith's Amy Pond - Jr Doe - Solid Gold tipped black steel
SmithsAmyPondface.jpg

She needs depth. I need solid does, so I am keeping her for now. She just has no width, but a really nice head and straight hindquarters.
SmithsAmyPondposed.jpg

SmithsAmyPondtop.jpg

SmithsAmyPondbutt.jpg

Smith's River Song
- Jr Doe - Broken Silver tipped black steel
SmithsRiversongface.jpg

She has a nice body when she will cooperate to pose, her crown could use some work but is an improvement over her mothers, she does have a small nip out of her ear at the very bottom (she has had it since a young baby). It is not noticeable unless you are looking for it, so I am hoping it won't disqualify her.
SmithsRiversongside2.jpg

SmithsRiversongbutt-1.jpg

SmithsRiverSongtop.jpg

Smith's Shayhara - Jr doe - Broken silver tipped blue steel
SmithsShayharaSmB4posed-1.jpg

I really like this doe. I had considered selling her after her and river got into a fight before I seperated them and River took a chunk out of her ear, it is very noticable and so she can't be shown. But she is just to nice to let go. I have been offered $6o for her, but I still want to hold on to her a while longer. I think she will make a great brood doe.
SmithsShayharaSMB4-1.jpg

SmithsShayharaSMB4side.jpg

Judges seem to notice a lot, so the nip in the ear on River Song might be a dq. Hope not! She has a really nice type and body.

yeah I know you can't really argue with them. But someone told me to detract from the overall quality of the animal and be visibly noticeable or something like that.

Thanks! Shay is the odd one out. She had her name before anyone else as I was sure I was keeping her as soon as I saw her!

Your lops are so nice and full and filled out.

I have a minilop.. why isnt she like that? I'm not complaining just wondering if maybe Oreo is a mix lop or something.

She has a very thin face and thin build.

Since you're a minilop breeder I'd thought I would ask you

Many pet quality Mini lops are not. The ones I started out with two years ago sure where not. Still sweet bunnies. but so far from the standard it was like a differen't breed.
I rounded up a couple pictures of the ones I started with. What I have now is not even related to them. I saw what they really should look like at a show and realized trying to get there from where I was would be impossible so I started all over last spring to the tune of $250. But that got me two bucks, and four does, with two of the does bred by unrelated to any of them bucks.

My original "mini lops"
Ninja2011front2.jpg

WallEbrokenblackminilopbuck4months.jpg

AlexMinilopbuck.jpg

and the offspring
himiminilopwbrkagoutidoeandagoutiminilop5wks.jpg

Hyatt101 wrote:
Gorgeous! I have an agouti colored rabbit too!
I have loved Lister since I first saw him. Crazy thing is, I do not generally like Chestnut agouti's. By far my least favorite color. But there is something about him.

Where did you get you Mini Lops, and where did you get your "Mini Lops"?

bunnychild wrote:
Am I imaganing it or are those names all Doctor Who themed?
Bow ties are cool.
You are not imagining it. The Doctor ; The Master ; Amy Pond and River Song are all named off of Doctor who. The Doctor was the first of these four two be named and since The Master looks just like him, I wanted their names to go together. Then I thought about what an amazing name River Song would be.

I have to say if/when I sell any of these guys I will be recycling these names! Once I run out of New and Old Doctor who names and Torchwood perhaps as well.

Landon got his name way before I named the rest. Just cause I liked the name and I thought it fit him best of all the boys.

Shayhara was named shortly after Landon. Also just cause I love the name.

Lister of Smeg is off of Red Dwarf. A British sci-fi / comedy show. Expect more of those names to come as well.

I know many just go with numbers and these are all numbered but a name is just better somehow then saying. 13 How are you today? Ready for some Food? Such a good 13. Yeah I like names better then numbers. Though I can tell you all their numbers as well. Everyone here is a number until I am sure they are staying till seniors ( and that they are staying cause I want them, not because no one else wants them, lol!)

KittyKatMe wrote:
Where did you get you Mini Lops, and where did you get your "Mini Lops"?
My current Mini lops came from Schmidt's Mini lops in Illinois and AK Woehl's Rabbits in Iowa. Both are wonderful breeders, I probably email Pam Schmidt at least every other day. I met them when I drove the 4 hours to go get the bunnies, but they have definitely become what I would call friends. Even though I have not seen her in person since. The Woehl's are very helpful, and so knowledgeable about colors. When I have a color question they are who I ask! Total for the purchase of two jr (5month) bucks; and four does ( two of which they let me breed to any of their bucks I wanted) 2 where Sr's and 2 where Jr's, I paid $145. (But they gave me my REW doe at 8 weeks old and charged me nothing for her)

My first Mini lops came from a variety of sources. All had pedigrees but I think both does where forged. Or they just didn't care what they where breeding. I paid $30 each for the does. $60
The one chestnut buck shown above I got from a friend who got him from someone who bred him from some bought from a petstore. He only had a partial pedigree but was a better looking mini lop then the does. Though compared to what I have now.... He was well.... crap. But I didn't pay anything for him.
The broken black buck I got from a breeder at a swap meet. He was better looking then what I had at the time. But had some major issues of his own. $25
So for the "Mini- Lops" I paid a total of $85 for two does and two bucks.

Just shows that you should always go for a reputable breeder. Look for people who show their rabbits, and who have done well.

That said we are not there yet. We can compete with the other breeders on the table now, but there are still improvements to be made. This is our first group of babies to choose from and though they are nice, they are not great. There is a lot left to fix.

Latest posts

Back