Pictures from vet visit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morchall

Reaction score
Took Gus to the vet the other day for his sniffles, which have been a recurring problem, and the vet said he either has pasteurella or allergies, and gave us antibiotic cream, saying it won't hurt him to give him antibiotics every once in a while. We also got his nails cut while we were there.
Gus doesn't like the vet, obviously, but he eventually laid down and started chillin' while we were waiting for the vet to come back after ordering the medicine. I got some cute pictures of him.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 4
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 5
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 4
Ooh his ears go up but lop at the top! Is this a subconscious trait of his?
Also best of luck to Gus in his journey to complete healing!

Ooh his ears go up but lop at the top! Is this a subconscious trait of his?
Also best of luck to Gus in his journey to complete healing!
From what I've read online, it seems to either be a genetic thing or something that develops due to environmental conditions when they are babies. The vet doesn't seem concerned about it. He's had it his whole life and it doesn't seem to bother him, just looks cute.
and thank you!

Love Gus' ears 🥰
Here's hoping he feels better soon.

I have to do the same (vet visit) after finding a mucus blob on my carpet last night 😞
My little fella has had the occasional sneezing for a couple days and after seeing that blob, I did some reading to find it is most likely snuffles and he too will need some antibiotics.
Unfortunately, he is a timid little guy due to his start in life before he came to me, so I'm hoping we won't be given anything I have to force feed him (like you said, you got cream 🤔 that would be a lot easier)
Did you have to get a blood test or did your vet know what your bun was suffering from?

Did you have to get a blood test or did your vet know what your bun was suffering from?
The vet said they could do a blood test to look for pasteurella, but that it was VERY expensive and they usually don't do the test because most people can't afford it. He thinks allergies are also likely due to a variety of factors, but just to be safe we should start giving him the cream whenever he starts having sneezing fits and runny eyes.

@Morchall I here you, rabbit care is one of the most expensive indeed 🤷‍♀️🙄😞.
My little fella doesn't have any other signs of "snuffles" other than a few days of sneezes (could be up to 6 in a episode and he may have 2 episodes a day for those few). He doesn't have anything on or around his nose or paws and his eyes are clear. And my little girl doesn't do it at all.
I have only noticed this happening with him twice now in the 4 years he's been with me, and I have come to the conclusion that it is most likely caused by the hay bales I feed my buns. Maybe sometimes there's residual hay dust that didn't get shaken enough when I put it in their box.
What is this cream called that you speak of 🤔?

@Morchall
I have only noticed this happening with him twice now in the 4 years he's been with me, and I have come to the conclusion that it is most likely caused by the hay bales I feed my buns. Maybe sometimes there's residual hay dust that didn't get shaken enough when I put it in their box.
What is this cream called that you speak of 🤔?
oh yeah, it can definitely be dusty hay. we try to shake ours out really well before giving it to them now.
the vet gave us some opthalmic ointment that we are to put in his eyes for a couple days when they start getting wet/goopy. I am not home to look at the bottle right now, but I think it's terramycin?

Latest posts

Back