Picture of my new babies :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look gorgeous and nice and plump....can´t wait to see how they change day by day...hope you´ll post pics....I just love the babies :D:bunnyheart

Chrisdoc, you will see lots of pics from me! :) I take lots of pics of my bunnies.. especially the first couple weeks. I am so curious as to what colors they could be though..

Awwwww, love baby bunnies! Congratulations, looks like they are off to a good start! Keep those baby pix coming!!!!

Doe is broken white/brown and buck is broken orange/white. I know brokens shouldn't be bred to each other, but I don't have any solid bucks. I do have a harlequin doe, but she just had a litter that is just turning 8 weeks this week. I don't want to rebreed her yet. Give her a break! :)

Here are day #2 pics. Any guesses as to what colors they may end up being? I hate waiting. My guesses are left to right: Broken tan/white, broken tan/white, white or grey, Broken orange/white and tri color. I will put individuals up soon. Just waiting for them to SLOWLY upload onto photo bucket.

The Group:

Do you have pictures of the parents? That would help us identify their actual colors and the babies. I think you may have some torts?

Broken to broken is usually not recommended for show rabbits because of the increased chance of getting charlies or rabbits with less than 10% markings (which is a disqualification from show).

Here is a pic of the doe Bubbles. Perhaps she isn't broken, but she is a Charlie?

And Copper, the buck. I apologize for the front view pic... i thought i had a side view somewhere but for some reason I can not find it! I have to have one somewhere!

That explains it. Bubble's color is a Broken Tort (aaB_C_D_ee). I can see the darker markings on her face but she also has the orange spots on her back. Charlie is just a term used to describe a broken's coat pattern. When someone says they have a charlie it means that their rabbit is broken in color with little to no markings.

The buck is a Broken Red (A_B_C_D_ee ww). Very handsome. From that cross the most likely colors are torts and reds.

Oh.. nice to know!! I relaly have to learn the colors lol. When I bough the buck, the lady who I got him, called him broken orange, so I just went with it!

THank you so much for the info!! I appreciate it. I always feel bad though, I am always asking questions, butI m never able to answer anyone's. Eventually I will lol

Thanks again!
Brianne

I say red because that is the mini Rex color that is recognized in the states. Orange isn't over here. Red and orange can be very hard to distinguish just from phenotype. Color crosses can be used to determine whether or not he is genetically a red or orange although I have no knowledge on how to do that.

Latest posts

Back