Phone vent and advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apebull

Reaction score
Sorry it's long.

OK I need some advice and yes I'm venting a little too. I got my first smart phone in March of this year. It took me YEARS it seems like to talk my husband into it. We don't have a lot of money ok any money and while I need a phone for work I don't "need" a smart phone. Well I talked him into Boost Mobile since we can't afford a contract phone plan and all was WONDERFUL until for about 4 or 5 month. That's when I fell into a pool with the phone in my pocket. I did all the right things. Took the battery out, put it in rice, left it for days (remember work phone) and still nothing. So now I have a $200 paper weight (remember no $$$) and was very mad at myself. So my wonderful husband orders me another phone from HSN. We couldn't get the same one from QVC or HSN they don't carry it anymore. Remember not a lot of $$$ and you can make payments. Anyway I've had my new phone a Samsung Galaxy S2 for 2 whole weeks and it's not working right. Well after I've done some research I've learned that my problem is a VERY common problem with this phone. So I call HSN for an exchange and go figure they don't sell that phone anymore nothing they can do. SO I call Samsung and they tell me it's not in warranty (which I'm fighting because yes it is!). But once I prove it IS in warranty I'll have to send it in to them and wait for them to repair it and send it back (remember work phone). BUT after all my research about the problem I coming to believe that it's not even going to help. SO many people say that they have sent it in for repair and it still doesn't work right.

I just don't know what to do. Try to get it fixed??? Return it for a different phone??? Or just give up and go back to a regular phone not a smart phone???

Thanks for reading and for any advice you guys rock!!!

Do you still have your original non-smart phone? Could you use it while you send the samsung in for repair?

No Christina I can't. Yes I still have it, but it's a T-Mobile phone and Boost won't let you us it. I did call and ask and it has to be a Sprint phone and then only ones Boost uses. They said I should just buy a super cheap phone or borrow one from someone.

I'm a bit out of touch when it comes to the phones myself at the moment.

I have a trac phone at the moment. I really only have it so in case my vehicle breaks down or something and now and then I'll talk to hubby on it while I'm out. I pay $10 a month for 50 minutes and the minutes roll over. It is a cheap option while you wait for your phone to be repaired but will only be cheap if you don't actually use it that much.

What we now plan to do is go to a store nearby where we can unlimited text and talk including long distance for $50 per month with no contract. We pay $80 per month for our home phone and $10 for my phone so if we get rid of mine and the home we will save some money. I plan to first buy a phone like my hubby's as he has had no problems with his. That will be used when as my cell when I'm not home and as the home phone when I am.

My hubby's work lucky for us provides him with a phone. He has an iphone 4 and has never had an issue with it.

Well I've decided to go ahead and send it in for repair. I called them again today and had them RE-check my numbers and what do you know my 2 week old phone is in warranty. Now I just need to figure out what to do for the 2 weeks my phone is out for repair. Sigh

I'm a bit delayed on this, but post on facebook and see if any of your friends have an old T mobile phone lying around while you get yours fixed. When my friend broke her phone, I had an old verizon phone that I'd been saving in case mine crapped out that I lent to her while she got hers fixed.

:yeahthat: Mine is just a phone--it does have a whole list of features that I never use and it's so old that I can't even get a new battery for it. My just in case is I have three old phones for backup and I can go in to Verizon and get a new one as I never hardly up grade, I just take over Nancy's old phone.

Do you have to stay with boost? I've been using Verizon G'zOnes for years and they never fail. I just got the smartphone version. Still military grade waterproof, dust resistant, shock resistant, etc... I've run previous versions over withy truck, ran them through the washer, took them creek walking... I have 3 versions sitting around that still work.

Sent from my C771 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Latest posts

Back