Petsmart Story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunty

Reaction score
As I told many people on this board that youalways have your fools in Petsmart. We go there regularly and set up 3xpens and our table with literature on rabbits. My husband usually sitsat the one xpen with the old women in it becuase they adore kids in thepen with them and hop on laps etc. Last week we had a man who thoughthe had the big bad doberman. Little Gene is 3lbs soaking wet. He toldto Dobe a couple times rabbits get em sic um boy. The Dobe approachedthe xpen my husband was up to protect. The Dobe put his head down andGene who is fearless hopped up to the pen sniffed the dogs nose and thedog screamed and peed on the floor. He was a laughing stock of thestore. Other customers heard him and were also there if we neededhelp. We had another man with a Labx who was tying to get itto run the buns. His eight year old little boy apologized that his dadwas so wierd and stupid. The best was a guy with a pitbull cross wascoxing it to approach big bun and Big BUns kicked the dog across theroom. Basically the customer are great and they will stickclose if someone is acting a fool.

I agree - it is mainly men with 'big hard' dogsthat I find are the fools and make stupid remarks or actions abouttheir dogs going forrabbits- In the end its themwho look stupid when our little bunnies sort the dogs out:D!Rabbits will always be the boss :D!

I feel bad for parents today because you want yourkids to be outgoing and trusting but you must also unfortunatly teachthem the world is full of bad. My furry kids are so outgoing because wetaught them no fear. We have 2 dogs and they see no reason to fear dogsor people because they adore all the love they get hwen out. That iswhy I learned to always be on a..hole alert my husabnd and I call itfor these types of people.

Thanks for sharing this story,Bunty. These types of idiots are theexact reason I have a little apprehension about taking Sherman to aPetsmart.

I'm so glad to read that everything turned out okay and that your bunsareso well adjusted that they were able to "defend"themselves.

I'm really one of the most understanding, forgiving, compassionatepeople that you'll ever want to meet, but every now and then I'll runacross a person like you've described above and can't help to think ...what a waste of skin. :X

Sherman will be fine. Keep himin the cart andremember you have control of the situation. You can tell when your guyhas enough petting and people are so curious about buns. When you feelhe cn do it let him hop on his harness. The few idiots out there arenot worth him missing out something he might like.

What I find even funnier about the Dobe andPitBull story, is that both those breeds are so made out to be such"bad dogs" when they're not. They're only bad when they're raised thatway. I'm gladded the bunnies kicked their a$$es lol :) Woohoo! In theend most Pitbulls and Dobe's are no more scary then a Chihuahua

Thanks so much for those words of encouragement, Bunty. I really appreciate it.

Will let you all know how it goes on our next excursion there.

I have a black lab mixed with collie and she lovesto kiss on my bunny and i have a Chihuahua. He is pretty scary:Djust joking. He loves to chase the bunny and she chasesafter him in return. They both like to help groomher. To me its all about how the dogs are raised.But my chihuahua can get a little jealous when Luv is out he has to bein on the action.

Cristy

its so sad that people do that stuff.......:(

i have a 100+ lb dobie mix. yeah. hes a great gaurd dog but when itcomes down to hos family and friends hes just a big silly lap dog. iremember about 2 and a half years ago there was a homless mommy catthat had 7 babies outside our apartment. mommy was really skinny and sowere the babies. after pleading and begging my ex said that i could gohave one of the kittens. i brought home the tinyest cutestlittle black kitten. my dobie fell instantly in love. it was so cute tosee them play with each other and to watch my dobie clean the baby withhis tongue. it was truely the sweetest thing.:)

Latest posts

Back