Petromalt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberNBuns

Reaction score
I did a search and Petromalt has not beenmentioned once on this board. Does anyone here useit? I am just curious about what other people know about it,good or bad? and how much how often?

(It is a petroleum based supplement that is supposed to help rabbits pass ingested hair, for anyone who has not heard of it)

Hi AmberNBuns,

I haven't heard of it. You're teaching me so much with your videos, etc.

I curious why you prefer that to Timothy Hay? Between Timothy Hay andfresh pineapple, I think I'd prefer the au-naturale route, but you musthave a reason why you like it so much.

(Notice you're no longer limited to 2buns? Now all your buns don't haveto worry which 2 you were talking about. *laughs* No favorites anymore!)

Still Lovin that Avatar!

-Carolyn

Well I am not recommending it oranything. The reason for my post is, when I was younger andwe got our first rabbits, our vet recommended it to us. Wedid not question it, but now that I am raising my new bunnies a littlemore independantly, I am just researching everything all over again.

I know that timothy hay works to clear out their hairballs, but I wasjust curious if anyone else here uses Petromalt, and if they do, whattheir experience is with it, good or bad... I respect theopinions of the people on this board very much.

It is mainly used on cats, but they do package the same product forrabbits too. It says to give itweekly forpreventative reasons. I wonder if it would be harmful at allto use it. If it isn't, then why not give it to them?

I haven't noticed any adverse reactions to it, but I wonder if asensitive "special needs" rabbit might get loose stools fromit.

Oh, yeah, and they just LOVE the stuff. :)

So is there anyone that might know of a reason not to give it to them?

Latest posts

Back