Peter Palace!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PetersMummy

Reaction score
Doing quite an exiting transformation today with the sun being out and thought you'd all like to see. Plus id love your opinions 😊 I'll attach a picture of the hutch Peter came with, and is where he's living now. (I've litter trained him etc since having him) and I'm also attaching a photo of the inside of the shed at the end of our garden. This morning the shed had a smashed window and was full of junk. Keep posted for a finished pic in a couple of hours!

View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1427037350.928665.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1427037367.594104.jpg

Here we go! Took out the smashed window and replaced with chicken wire to make it safe. Cleared,swept and cleaned all the floor. Replaced the locks on the front with a new secure bolt. Filled with straw, bunny toys and a cosy new bed.. And voila!! Peter was purring away as he hopped around and explored. 😊
If anyone spots anything that could be improved/added please say! Hoping to add a shelf for him to climb later on x

View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1427051836.389990.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1427051853.918772.jpg

Looks great! I agree that he'd probably appreciate some vertical space like a shelf (or at least it'd be nice for you to be able to take advantage of all that vertical space). That could also give him something to hide under. Not sure where you're located but consider whether it might get too hot or too cold, enough ventilation and predator proofing.

I assume his water is out of view? What about hay for him to eat all day?

We are in the UK :) a shelf is definitely on the cards. Was thinking above where his litter tray/bed area is? We've even considered carpet once we are sure that's where he prefers his litter tray. All hay/water/food is out of sight on the bottom left. Just peeked at him and he was flopped out on his bed. Think he's happy x

In his old hutch I opened the door in the morning and gave him free roam in the garden all day too.there is a latch on the outside of the door so I can latch the door open on the fence in the daytime. so even more room to excersize and come and go as he pleases 😊 x

View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1427092310.841031.jpg

Here's an update pic of as soon as I opened the door this morning! He's used his litter tray (which I was worried about cos of the new environment) and that cosy bed in the corner has definitely been slept in! Left the door on the latch now so it's all open for him until bedtime. But I've hidden his treats in amongst his straw so he knows it's a positive place to keep going back to. Love my peter rabbit x

Latest posts

Back