Pet Mice In A Rabbit Shed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesssPets

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently got some pet mice and my parents have told me I have to either move them outside or rehome them. I obviously don't want to rehome them so am considering some options around the property for where to keep them (this would only be for around 6 weeks or so while I find a place of my own). I was thinking of maybe putting their cage on the storage shelf in the rabbit shed but wanted to make sure there would be no reasons to not do this. Would the rabbit shed be a safe place for me to keep their cage? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Where do you live and what is the temperature rage there for the next 6 weeks?
I live in New Zealand so it's summer at the moment, the weather will range between 15degrees celsius and 30degrees celsius. Thanks!

Since its warm the main concern is heat and air flow since sheds can get stuffy. Mice can die or just respiratory infections just as easy as other animals. And remember a shelf is higher then where your rabbits are on the floor so will be slightly warmer up there.
I wouldnt worry about disease if theyre healthy good quality pet mice from a reputable source.

Since its warm the main concern is heat and air flow since sheds can get stuffy. Mice can die or just respiratory infections just as easy as other animals. And remember a shelf is higher then where your rabbits are on the floor so will be slightly warmer up there.
I wouldnt worry about disease if theyre healthy good quality pet mice from a reputable source.

For most of the day, the shed is open as the rabbits are out in the garden. An alternative option would be the top level of a rabbit hutch (which the rabbits can't access) however I'm worried they would be too exposed in there?

Latest posts

Back