Pet Haven controversial grooming tips?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayblebug

Reaction score
Hey guys
So I was reading this article from rabbit haven and I thought it gave great advice on grooming except, in the pictures, the people were holding the rabbit on its back. I’m really scared of trancing and I wanted to know your thoughts on it? Are there any other ways I can groom my bunnies without trancing them?

My thought is that if there is anything like trancing, my rabbits are immune to it. I think it's someting that got mixed up with chicken on the internet.
It can be a quite stressful position for a rabbit, and care must be taken that they dont injure themself when struggling.

I have had rabbits that trance easily, and when I flipped them back, they didn't seem to be upset by it. But those rabbits were the exception. Most rabbits I have had do not seem to like it, and I am concerned that they can break their back trying to flip over again, so I don't do it. Maybe I am just bad at it, but I don't think it is a good idea.

Ok, so by trance, you mean how the rabbit lays all the way back as if asleep? Yeah that’s weird..it’s happened accidentally with mine sometimes when I’m syringe feeding or giving meds...but if I’m giving brushing..I usually have my bunnies already on a comfy surface and with two hands on her belly, roll her over..is this what you mean..so they don’t arch their back?

Latest posts

Back