Pet carrier

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JingleBellTheBunny

Reaction score
I'm taking Bullseye to the vet on friday, and I need help preparing for it. I have a Kaytee rabbit cage, I was wondering if that would be suitable to use as a carrier. Also, what should I put in the carrier that I end up using. I'm going to put hay in it, an old towel, is there anything else I need to put into it?

There isn't anything special with rabbit carriers, really. If the cage can be placed under the back seat or secured with a seatbelt so that it wouldn't slip around on the ride then there won't be much of an issue with that. If Bullseye can move around free, but not too much (eg good to turn around and maybe do a few hops here or there) then that's fine too. I don't know what type of walls the cage has and if it has anh pissible effects though.
For a shorter ride, hay n blanket you don't mind being soiled is enough. If it is longer, then you could take a spare blankie and some water with you. No matter the length of the drive, i also like to carry around a small bunch of pellets or vegs for the bun to chomp on at the vet, if they take it. Other than that, evertyhing should be okay!

There isn't anything special with rabbit carriers, really. If the cage can be placed under the back seat or secured with a seatbelt so that it wouldn't slip around on the ride then there won't be much of an issue with that. If Bullseye can move around free, but not too much (eg good to turn around and maybe do a few hops here or there) then that's fine too. I don't know what type of walls the cage has and if it has and possible effects though.
For a shorter ride, hay n blanket you don't mind being soiled is enough. If it is longer, then you could take a spare blankie and some water with you. No matter the length of the drive, i also like to carry around a small bunch of pellets or vegs for the bun to chomp on at the vet, if they take it. Other than that, evertyhing should be okay!

Thank you!

Hay and a towel is all you really need for inside the carrier. The only thing id worry about if you use the cage is that he might slip about the cage? How long is the car ride?

If it is less than a minute to drive, why not walk instead? If it is such a short ride, i wonder why bother driving at all?

We don't have a direct sidewalk, I'd have to be walking on the busy road that I live on. My parents probably wouldn't let me do it either.

Latest posts

Back