Pepper and Dotties thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linz_1987

Reaction score
Ok so here it goes.

My two spayed females, Pepper (white) and Dottie (lop). Theygot spayed about 3 months ago, and have been seeing each other behindbars for about 4 months. I introduced them together a few days ago and,fingers crossed, they are getting on great.

Oh my gosh! Its gonna eat me!
jan11th2005002.jpg

Dont worry, I'll save you!

jan11th2005003.jpg

Maybe if we sit still for a minute it will go away...

jan11th2005007.jpg

Please excuse the slippers my mum got for Christmas...
jan11th2005008.jpg

Hey somebody shut the door!

jan11th2005010.jpg

Im starting my diettomorrow.... (Don'tworry, she is on a very strict diet atm!)
jan11th2005012.jpg

Cuddles!!!
jan11th2005014.jpg

And lastly....

The scary wolf

jan11th2005001.jpg

More pictures coming soon! :D

Lindsay XxXx

Instead of Rainbows...

Carrots!

Pepper and DottiesStory:

Igot Pepper from the pet shop in the garden centrewhereI work. I was put in the pet shop for a day sothey could train me up incase they ever got short of staff.

Well I went along my day helping outin the pet shop. And inone of the cages in the corner was a white rabbit, that was muchbiggerthan all the other rabbits, as they were all dwarf's.The white rabbit got over looked because of her size and had aparentlybeen in the pet shop for4 months already. I heardthe heart breaking news and HAD to save her! Ofcourse herblue eyes made me want her even more ;)

When my mum came to pick me up from work at the end of the day, Ipersuaded her to get her. I also had another rabbit Molly athome at the time. Her sister had recently died so I was really hopingthat they would get along and be friends.

Not knowing much about introducing rabbits at the time, I just put thenew rabbit in the garden with my other rabbit. Fortunetly they got onstraight away and there was no fights what so ever. I was a very luckyperson!

Well about 4 months later, Molly died :(So I had another rabbit left on her own again.

During all this time I was helping out at a Dog kennels rescue.Consiquently about 2 weeks after Molly's death, there were 5 rabbitsbought into the kennels because they had been abanded. I'accidently' told the kennel owners that I recently lost my rabbit and,there, straight away, I had another rabbit on my plate (yum yum)

And Dottie was part of the family. I have tryed to introducethem a few times before but wasnt successful. I desided to leave it fora long time, leaving it so they could smell each other through the barsof their hutches/runs.

I tryed introducing them again on Monday, 9th Jan 2006 and they aregetting on great. I think I just rushed it abit to start offwith. They have been together in our hall way every day thisweek for about half an hour each day. There has been no fights at all.Only the ocasional rough grooming. So hopefully They WILL be friendsafter all :D!!!

they are so adorable.. i love them! sounds liketheir bonding is going great :) i wouldnt let them share a cage yet,just keep doing the 30 minutes a day for like a month, and then you canbe sure they can share a cage! good luck!! very beautiful eyes pepperhas, and dottie is a very cute chubby lop. your border collie isgorgeous as well.

Thankyou!

I will make sure I don't rush introducing the bunnies again!Its so amazing that they are getting on so well after along time ofnearlly killing each other. It just shows what you can do with time.

Lindsay XxXx

As you walk in our front door into our hallway,our stairs are on the right. So at the same time as thebonding processes, Dottie is keeping fit and 'trying' to loose all heraccess weight by running up and down the stairs lol :)Shesstarting to get the hang of them quite good now.

I dont actually know why she is so fat. We feed her the sameamount as Pepper, and they get the same time out in the garden forexercise! :ponder:

Ive cut down her foodpellets though, and she has fresh veg twice a week also all thehay she can eat.

I love the photos and the story of how you gotthem. I'm glad the rabbit is getting exercise...I honestlydidn't realize they could "do" stairs...

Keep sharing those photos...love them!

Peg

your bunnies are just soooo cute,i love them.

i love the picture where they are checking out the dog,they areprobably thinking whoa is that some kind of strange bunny hmmmm....

i love watching a bunnies reaction when it hasspotted something new,just priceless:)

cheryl.....

Thankz everybody!

I think Pepper is cross between a Hotot, and a blue eyed white. But im not sure where she got the spots on her back from.

I love their reactions to something new too. Ears right forwards, sniff sniff.

Day 9;

The bunnies have been playing/bonding together in the hall way for 9days now. I had them out earlier, and suddenly they startedfighting. Fur flying everywhere :?I don't understand as theyhave been so nice together so far.

I thought maybe it was because Pepper is really shy towards people, butDottie is completely different. Today Pepper was brave enough toadventure and to be bold about coming towards me where I was sitting,where Dottie usually sits next to me. After Pepper had comeover they were fighting.

After the fight I got Pepper and put her down on the floor next to meand held her there. Straight away Dottie came over and satdown with her nose touching Peppers.I also stroked them bothmixing their sence together.I held her there for about 4minutes, and let her go. They both went off to the far end ofthe hall and started grooming each other again, and being all friendly.

What is going on? I am hoping that what I did with Pepper is the right thing to do...

Although Im not sure who started the fight.

I was wanting to get a picture of the hall way covered in white fur asit was rather funny to look at - but had to clear it up quick beforeMum got home!

P.S. I also forgot to mention the amount of PoosDottie does while the two are together. She makrs them everywhere! Shedoes about 50+ in our small hall way.

yikes, territorial issues! you maybelong to dottie, and no way does she want pepper cutting in on heraction.her poops are probably a territorial thing,too.

you'd better check them both very very carefully to make sure there'sno hidden injuries. infections can set in very quickly (checkout putergeekgirl's corky thread). also make sure nobunny's'shocky'.

hope they stay kissed and made up this time. good luck!

SAS

Thankz! But they don't seem to be getting on as well as planned at the moment!

I thought a long rest from bonding will help so the spaying' gotsettled down, But seems its just like before :(I hope theywill eventually become friends :?

I couldnt resist on posting some pictures of mydog Rosie. I have more pictures of her on my computer than my buns!:shock:I will definetly have tocorrect that outsoon!

This is her when we got her as a pup. I cant believe she has grown somuch! She is 2 in March :shock:It seems like yesterday shewasjust a pup.

doggypix009.jpg

This is her at her first show, winning her first rossette. She doeslook proud! I will always remember that day, as she did a big poo onthe line up! And it was also embarassing for my mum, as she had to walkthrough the show ring to give me a poop bag!

rosieatshow.jpg

Ofcourse I cant forget adding a picture of Rosie with Molly! (Old rabbit) I have this picture in my purse.

poopydogatherfirstshow016Small.jpg

This is Rosie on our holiday at Norfolk. As you can see from the pictures she LOVED IT!

holidayinnorfolk013.jpg

holidayinnorfolk031.jpg

holidayinnorfolk2013.jpg

holidayinnorfolk2011.jpg

Oh I almost forgot one!

Uh Oh! What is she going to do next? Her expression is priceless inthis photo. I wonder what shes thinking? I dont actually remember whathappened next in this photo hehe.

rosieatpriorypark016.jpg

Lindsay XxXx

Latest posts

Back