PEOPLE, GET READY...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason, my dear husband does notappreciate my "winterizing" efforts as I bring all my statuary,fountain and birdbath garden accentsinto the house ;)

Stephanie,

Oh please don't get sick, not now OR after the baby is born!

I got the flu when my first baby was 6 weeks old... and my husband gotit too... the two of us laid on the couches, shivering withfever,thinking we were dieing...with the baby in the carrieron the floor between us, argueing over who was sicker and couldn't getup to change/feed/hold the baby! I don't know anyone I wouldwish that on!

Please stay healthy, think healthy thoughts (you know what they say about positive energy!), and be well!

editted for grammer...

I take good care of myself, but sometimes it just hits you nonetheless.

Now that I have insurance, I plan on getting the flu shot. I can dealwith the flu, but not the baby! **shudders at the mere thought of aninfant with the flu***

Hey Pam, I really like that! Do you have birds? I should mention thatto my mom for her parrots, she has a birdbath or five that she couldput in the birdroom.

Andwould you believehe'seven less thrilled about me bringing all my favorite rocks into thehouse :? (I was only joking when I said I was going to make astone walk way through the house!)

stepping_stone_walkway.jpg

I'm nearly done with the area above my kitchen sink . . .

Can't decide what to put above my stove though.

Last winter was horrid enough - 8 feet of snowhere in the snow belt. We had the last bad storm in May andgot2 feet of snow in 24 hours. It was so strangecalling off work in May due to the snow. The worst iscommuting 50 miles one way to work.

Tonight it is going to be 40 degrees so the heat is onalready. The only good thing is we have our own natural gaswell on the 'back 40' we share withour neighbor.It's been pumping since the 1920's and fortunately sits on a massivegas deposit. Wehave todo monthlymaintenance on it but it's worth the effort.

When I hear this winter may be worse, I just want to pull a blanket over my head and hibernate till April.

Hi Pam! I've never lived anywhereexcept Arizona. How come you bring your garden accentsinside? Do they simply freeze? :ponder:

It is still hot, like surface of the sun hot! 95 today, BUTonly 90 next week! It freezes maybe two weeks here.Sometimes not even that much. My bunnies are still moultinglike crazy. Why is that?

Kricket wrote:
Hi Pam! I've never lived anywhere exceptArizona. How come you bring your garden accentsinside? Do they simply freeze? :ponder:

Water can get into tiny cracks, freeze and expand, leading to fatal cracks in my treasured objects :?

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Kricket wrote:
HiPam! I've never lived anywhere except Arizona. Howcome you bring your garden accents inside? Do they simplyfreeze? :ponder:

Water can get into tiny cracks, freeze and expand, leading to fatal cracks in my treasured objects :?

Pam

OH! I get it. I feel like such a dork! All of your treasures look really pretty inside :D

Pam, what a great way to bring theoutdoors indoors. I bet it is really uplifting when it's cold and snowyto see a birdbath and such around you. What a lovely reminder of theSpring andSummer months you have just enjoyed.Ilove it.

Tina

I can't wait for winter to be gone, we are near the end of it now, I ammore a spring and summer person, I like being outside. Pam that is agreat idea bringing in your ornaments, I'd be the sort to make thatpathway just to stir up the troops a bit LOL

ariel wrote:

Pam that is a great idea bringing in yourornaments, I'd be the sort to make that pathway just to stir up thetroops a bit LOL

Don't tempt me LOL :p They already think I'm insane.

Pam

I have noticed that too. We cut grass for livingand the grass has not grown much this year and our expenses for it isreally bad. Also I am finding MeatHeads fur all over the edge of thecage everyday when I vaccume. I have been giving him nutri cal 2x aweek and I noticed the squirls are extreamly busy also the chipmunksare too. I usually dont see much chipmunks at all but this year I seenso many making their erands along with the squirls. My dog is sheddingreally bad too and it is the most I have seen in her. From what I heardthat it will be a long hard winter. I have done my first stock up butwill be doing another round in a week or so for 2 or 3 more bags ofwoody pet, another bag of bunny food and about 4 more bags of piggiefood. Also not to forget doggie food too. All day today I have beenorganizing our basement because I set up our shelving units so I cankeep their bags of food an all there and keep it dry.

My girls finished moulting afew weeks ago. Nowthey are getting started on their winter coats! lol. Poor bunnies,spend all summer moulting and all winter growing it back! Ihave noticed that our plums (on our plum tree) were ready early thisyear, as were the conkers. I wonder ifthat issignofa cold winter? :ponder:

Latest posts

Back