Pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaK

Reaction score
I've been feeding my bunnies one brand of pellets since I got them, mostly because it was the only type I could find.
I think it's Purina's Complete Natural AdvantEdge. (I don't have a bag here because I dump the food into another container)

I just discovered that the pet store close to me sells ZuPreem Exceptional Diets for Extraordinary Animals Timothy Naturals.

Is that a decent food?

I have never fed zupreem but herd good things about it. I actually bought a bag a while ago but did some more research and found out that I could get the Oxbow for cheaper. It is supposed to be really good though.

personally, I feed Sherwood Forest food, as it's all-natural with no added sugars or molasses and has VERY high fiber as far as rabbit food goes.

as for the two brands you're looking at...

your current food:
Crude Protein (Min) 16%
Crude Fiber (Min) 17%
Crude Fiber (Max) 20%

the Zupreem food:
Crude Protein (Min) 14%
Crude Fiber (Min) 20%
Crude Fiber (Max) 25%

with lower protein and significantly higher fiber, the Zupreem pellet is a clear winner. all in all, it's not quite as good as sherwood or oxbow essentials but it still looks like a quality pellet and it's definitely better than the Purina you're currently feeding.

if you decide to switch, make sure to gradually transition over the course of a couple weeks, slowly mixing in more of the new stuff and less of the old.

Great! Thanks :) I wasn't sure exactly what to look for in a pellet. I'll buy a bag and start mixing it in :)

Latest posts

Back