Pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleConverse

Reaction score
Hello. We recently got a rabbit and they had him on pellets. I don't like the not real ingredients of the pellets he's on. I have read conflicting things about pellets. I would prefer him not use pellets. But if he does need certain protein etc from the pellets then what ones do you guys recommend that are literally just what he needs and natural to a rabbit diet? I was looking into Oxbow Organic Pellets. I haven't finished researching them yet but found this site and thought I'd ask your opinions. Thank you in advance. :)

Hello and welcome to the forum!
This is a nice little link that pretty much sums up all the long and tedious talk on what pellets are the best. The brands and types where everything is just right are highlighted in boxed green. Anything from those will be a good choice and further dependant on what your bun prefers. My boys have been eating Burgess Excel adult mint pellets and there have been no issues.
Just remember to transition and introduce the new pellets slowly even if it might be tempting to just swap instantly.
http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-food-comparison.asp

Hello and welcome to the forum!
This is a nice little link that pretty much sums up all the long and tedious talk on what pellets are the best. The brands and types where everything is just right are highlighted in boxed green. Anything from those will be a good choice and further dependant on what your bun prefers. My boys have been eating Burgess Excel adult mint pellets and there have been no issues.
Just remember to transition and introduce the new pellets slowly even if it might be tempting to just swap instantly.
http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-food-comparison.asp

Thank you!! And thanks for the information about slowly transitioning!

In that case, the tab for adult rabbits is a great way to start off. Also, if you don't mind, you can look up any older questions regarding pellest-sometimes even individual cases are general ebough to recieve common advice.
You're welcome, we're all here to help one another!

In that case, the tab for adult rabbits is a great way to start off. Also, if you don't mind, you can look up any older questions regarding pellest-sometimes even individual cases are general ebough to recieve common advice.
You're welcome, we're all here to help one another!

Ohhh. I'm sorry. Are you an admin? I didn't mean to break the rules. :(

Probably the most natural you could find would be Sherwood. They only use high quality whole ingredients to make their feed. There are a few people on here that use it and really like how their rabbits do on it. Otherwise, Oxbow organic is probably your next best choice. Here's some info on feeding rabbits, and there's a link to sherwood in it. You can also buy it on amazon if you decide to go with it. You may also be able to pick it up at IFA if you have one near you.
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/feeding.html
Some of the feeds in that link posted by Catlyn on food comparisons, are only available in Europe. Which I don't think burgess is available here in the US.

I'm an admin. Not sure what you think you did wrong, but you're fine :) Though browsing through old threads can be a good way to find info that's already been discussed in the past.

Probably the most natural you could find would be Sherwood. They only use high quality whole ingredients to make their feed. There are a few people on here that use it and really like how their rabbits do on it. Otherwise, Oxbow organic is probably your next best choice. Here's some info on feeding rabbits, and there's a link to sherwood in it. You can also buy it on amazon if you decide to go with it. You may also be able to pick it up at IFA if you have one near you.
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/feeding.html
Some of the feeds in that link posted by Catlyn on food comparisons, are only available in Europe. Which I don't think burgess is available here in the US.

I'm an admin. Not sure what you think you did wrong, but you're fine :) Though browsing through old threads can be a good way to find info that's already been discussed in the past.

Thank you! I really appreciate it. I thought maybe because Catlyn said about if I don't mind to look up older posts instead of asking the same questions. Or that's how I took it. Maybe I misunderstood. Thank you. :)

Latest posts

Back