Peg's Makeover ....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I don't have any pictures yet but I will put some here soon....I need to take some. The only one I have is of my dress that I bought for the Ren Faire and I'm not sure I want to post that....

But I wanted to share that the makeover is turning out fairly well....at least - Art keeps commenting on it.

I am finding that I LOVE LOVE LOVE (did I mention LOVE??) the Old Navy t-shirts...and 90% of the time those are the first tops I'll grab and then figure out what skirt to put with them.

Some of the things I ordered are going back to the retailers next week....because I'm learning a lot about myself and my coloring now that I dyed my hair a good color...

I find I need "stronger" colors. I knew I needed warm colors - but they need to be bolder than what I wore when I was younger (and smaller). I put on a turqouiise tank and it was the only thing Art really didn't like (it wasn't strong enough for my coloring) and come to find out - it really didn't go with my skirts like I thought it would....

In addition - I got some tunics and leggings that I ordered and I learned....that at least those tunics are so NOT me....and the leggings....didn't care for them. I'm gonna have to rethink that - I love skirts for summer though - so I'm good to go...

Now I get to play with makeup - and my hair more now that it is ...growing and I'm getting used to it. I'm still irritated to see a few things that weren't cut right (especially in the back) - one of them I know for sure that Art or Robin can trim for me.

Anyway - I guess I just wanted to share that the makeover is going well....makeup comes next (I even got myself some teeth whitener strips or whatever to help out)....

Now if someone could come in and makeover my house....I'd be just thrilled!

I'm so glad you're totally saying what you like and DON'T LIKE haha. Good for you! I hope you love the makeover with makeup. It can do lots. I had a friend that I worked with take me to this place and I bought this all mineral make-up, called Bare Minerals. I love it! Only thing is, after I have it on for hours it looks greasy, like any make-up though. pretty much and what you get lasts forever, you don't need much of each of them! I'm happy with it though.

Um, call Nate Berkus to do your house! Lord, is he awesome or what!?:p You wouldn't believe what our bathroom and kitchen look like, omg, haha. It's depressing sometimes:?.

Actually - I'd love to have Frank Biehl from Trading Places do my kitchen.....or Vern do my bedroom....

Oh - and Peter Walsh from Clean Sweep come and help me go through stuff and throw out about 80%...

Oh well....

What is really funny is that Art loves the dress that I ordered (that he took the pictures of me in)....and I am so-so about it. So I showed the pictures to Zin (who has far better style sense than I do) and she loves it too - but she agrees with me that I may want to go with a smaller size.

I really REALLY wanted to show the dress on here...BUT....Art didn't tell me my bra strap was showing when he took the pics..

MEN..

I gotta say though....the color is really great for me..

Oh well. My next big problem for the makeover is shoes....I don't do sandals - can't stand 'em...and I don't do heels.

But I am finding I want something a little sexier to go with my outfits...

ARG!!!

(I'm broke till near the end of May....so I will live with what I have).

A nice pair of flats is a good shoe. I love flats and mostly wear them :).

As for make up, you can go to Walmart and get "mineral" make up. I only wear that and its great for your face. I reccommend any organics product from "Physicians Formula". It's a tad pricey, but the best in Walmart (I think)....and its waaaaay cheaper then Bare Minerals.

You can start off with mineral concealer on blemishes, foundation mineral powder, mineral face powder on any "oily" areas or to "touch up", then use a nice mineral blush to compliment your tone :).

I am glad you are making yourself feel better :D. I love doing a "make over" and I am currently trying it. I am going out of my comfort limit with clothes, but I can only buy so much because of limited money. I'm a more "plain fitted t-shirt with a tank top under-layer" and jazz it up with necklaces ;).

I totally get not liking sandals or heels! I dropped a soup can on my big toe last Thanksgiving and eww, won't be wearing sandals anyways, haha. I have a bunion, not to good for heels, lol.

There are those cute little almost flats now that have a tiny wedge heel you might like. They are like a closed toe and have a tiny bow on the front, cute. Would go with your outfits too! Hope they have it in wide, I have to wear wide as well, I have big feet, hehe.

This isn't exactly what I was talking about, but I did some searching for you. What do you think of these? Too sandaly? They'd match that one skirt you have!

Spring Step Flamingo - Red

Here's another style, I know you said you hate heels, I'm telling you, try wedges on, some low ones. They don't feel like heels at all. They might work for you!

Check these out too.

This is kinda what I'm talking about.

I wanted to find cork wedges, arg. What do you think of these?:)

undergunfire wrote:
As for make up, you can go to Walmart and get "mineral" make up. I only wear that and its great for your face. I reccommend any organics product from "Physicians Formula". It's a tad pricey, but the best in Walmart (I think)....and its waaaaay cheaper then Bare Minerals.
I really love Physicians Forumula mineral powder. It comes in this little thing that has its own brush. And you hardly have to use ANY, and you don't have to use any liquid foundation...it smooths out any skin tone differences, and makes your face look naturally beautiful. I wear it all the time, and you can't even tell I'm wearing it! But my skin looks nice and smooth. I highly recommend it. :)

And I love hearing that you're doing all these nice things for your appearance! It makes you feel better when you feel beautiful! :)

I use the Physician's formula mineral powders! I use a large brush and blend it all over my face and it's awesome! Then use the bronzer to put some light color under my cheekbones.

Right now, I have to keep a darker mineral powder cause I start getting tan being out everyday with the animals.

Glad the makeover is going well for you!

I can help you get the weight off..... I found the secret this week!

Eat only brocolli and drink iced tea. Then keep so busy you don't have time to eat the brocolli more than once or twice!;)

Crystal, I love all those shoes you posted. Are they in stores or can the be ordered on line? Great prices too.

Glad to hear your makeover is going well Peg. Isn't it fun buying new clothes.

Susan:)

Peeeeeeeeeeg

Lol, I had just been telling a friend that that's what I wanted to do for myself as well. I started putting together an exercise program for myself and figuring what things I needed to buy. I also wanted to learn how to wear makeup. Yes, i am one of those geeks that hasn't a clue how to apply makeup. LOL.

So what did you learn? What are you doing? What are your goals? Lol I am so intrigued. :pOr you might say nosey... lol.

We need pics :biggrin2:I want to see the colors and the skirts and see you smiling :p

I agree with Angelnsnuffy Wedges are so comfy and will still make your legs look good or better:);)

As for Makeup I use Jane Iredale mineral make up its fantastic feels liek you aren't wearing any and it lasts all day:)

SOOOSKA wrote:
Crystal, I love all those shoes you posted. Are they in stores or can the be ordered on line? Great prices too.

Susan:)
Hey Susan! Glad you liked them. One of the stores was Sears. Do you guys have Sears there? Not sure if they ship to Canada if you don't have one, but I'm sure you could find something just like them near you, they're so popular right now:). The last one I posted, I was just doing a generic search, we don't have that store here. Not sure where they ship, but I can check into them for you. I'll let you know what I find out:).

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
I totally get not liking sandals or heels! I dropped a soup can on my big toe last Thanksgiving and eww, won't be wearing sandals anyways, haha. I have a bunion, not to good for heels, lol.

There are those cute little almost flats now that have a tiny wedge heel you might like. They are like a closed toe and have a tiny bow on the front, cute. Would go with your outfits too! Hope they have it in wide, I have to wear wide as well, I have big feet, hehe.

This isn't exactly what I was talking about, but I did some searching for you. What do you think of these? Too sandaly? They'd match that one skirt you have!

Sorry about you dropping a can on your toe....about 10 years ago when we were in Alaska, Eric & I did our paperroute early Thanksgiving morning and when we got home, I was going to start the turkey.

We were obviously dead tired as you'll understand when you read this. I had one of those bags to keep the juices in...so I got the turkey read - Eric held the bag in front of him and I went to drop the turkey in the bag.

DROP is the important word here...the turkey (22 pounds if I remember right) dropped THROUGH the bag....onto his foot.

Fortunately, he had on steel-toed boots - but he still wanted to limp for a bit that morning...

I cleaned up the turkey afterwards and cooked it up...but it was hilarious seeing the look on his face as tears came to his eyes...

Anyway.....back onto shoes.

If I wore open shoes - I'd wear those red ones in a heartbeat....wow. I love the color. HOWEVER....I hate my toenails with a vengance (I have fungal problems with them) and I don't let them show at all....well - at home - when I run around barefoot.

So I definitely need something where no toenails will show....plus I have a WIDE foot (just like the rest of me).

But I gotta say - if I was going to wear open shoes - that is exactly what I'd go for - and I love the color too.

I may try to get pics tomorrow of various outfits (if I feel up to it).

I'm not really buying any new makeup right now. Not that I wouldn't like it - but I'm just too darned broke for it....and yeah...I know it can cost just a little bit at Walmart....but for the next month I am pretty much not buying anything I don't have to buy....

Its partly because I forgot when I made the budget for this month that Art was working days -which means he loses his .75 per hour differential....and that adds up.
I do have some makeup to play with though....and a week or so ago I even got teeth whitening strips...I am going to start using them tonight.

Oh - don't let me forget to show you my new necklace....I LOVE it. Well - I have two new necklaces - one Robin made me from beads at Walmart (and she's going to make me a couple of others that I bought beads for) but I bought one at an outlet place online when I first ordered clothes.

Here is a link to it:

http://www.bcoutlet.com/outlet/Chalcedony-Disk-Pendant-Necklace.aspx?PfId=114906&DeptId=15589&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0

I was able to buy it for 40% off the price of $19.99 (it was originally $139.99)

Robin is going to study it for me and try to duplicate it - but in green and also in red if I buy the beads and stuff for it....I'd love to have it in red!

Oh well - enough for now - I really will try to take some pictures though...

TinysMom wrote:
AngelnSnuffy wrote:

Sorry about you dropping a can on your toe....about 10 years ago when we were in Alaska, Eric & I did our paperroute early Thanksgiving morning and when we got home, I was going to start the turkey.

We were obviously dead tired as you'll understand when you read this. I had one of those bags to keep the juices in...so I got the turkey read - Eric held the bag in front of him and I went to drop the turkey in the bag.

DROP is the important word here...the turkey (22 pounds if I remember right) dropped THROUGH the bag....onto his foot.

Fortunately, he had on steel-toed boots - but he still wanted to limp for a bit that morning...

I cleaned up the turkey afterwards and cooked it up...but it was hilarious seeing the look on his face as tears came to his eyes...

Anyway.....back onto shoes.

If I wore open shoes - I'd wear those red ones in a heartbeat....wow. I love the color. HOWEVER....I hate my toenails with a vengance (I have fungal problems with them) and I don't let them show at all....well - at home - when I run around barefoot.

So I definitely need something where no toenails will show....plus I have a WIDE foot (just like the rest of me).

But I gotta say - if I was going to wear open shoes - that is exactly what I'd go for - and I love the color too.

I may try to get pics tomorrow of various outfits (if I feel up to it).

Oh - don't let me forget to show you my new necklace....I LOVE it. Well - I have two new necklaces - one Robin made me from beads at Walmart (and she's going to make me a couple of others that I bought beads for) but I bought one at an outlet place online when I first ordered clothes.

Here is a link to it:

http://www.bcoutlet.com/outlet/Chalcedony-Disk-Pendant-Necklace.aspx?PfId=114906&DeptId=15589&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0

I was able to buy it for 40% off the price of $19.99 (it was originally $139.99)

Yeah, my toe is half black, it's gross. Growing out so slow I think it's gonna take a year for it to be gone:?. That's a funny story about the turkey, thank goodness for steal toed shoes!

Glad you liked those shoes. You can find them closed toe, so at some point maybe you'll come across some you like as much;).

I love that necklace! Now, that's bargin shopping!:D

Latest posts

Back