PEES in my room but litter trained downstairs?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopandpee

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I adopted a 3 year old female rabbit 2 weeks ago, she was spayed 3 weeks ago.
Her pen is set up in the spare room downstairs, she 90% of the time pees in her tray but poops EVERYWHERE!
I let her out when I'm in the downstairs in the living room, which is directly outside of her room but I don't usually hang around there so I took her to my room upstairs sometimes as I feel bad leaving her alone in her pen all day (she tugs the fence for freedom!). I bring both litter trays with me and her tunnel but she will pee everywhere, sometimes in her tray but majority is not. Is there a way I can stop this? She didn't even do this when I first placed her in her pen. My room isn't that big, the play area she has when she's in my room is the same size as her pen space, she's allowed on my bed if I see she's just peed but will pop her back down if it's been a while as I'm afraid she will pee on my bed, which she has once.

The orphanage suspects she has EC, she has weak back legs, she drags them, she surprised us all when she started jumping onto the couch after a week into her new home as we were under the impression she was unable to jump, she also even hops onto my bed which is even higher. We did a full blood test but no confirmed results, might put her on the medication anyway but would it help?

She is marking her territory. I would not take her upstairs for a week to let her calm down, and then when you do limit her space and not allow her on your bed. She needs to have a litter box upstairs, too. Every time she pees on your floor soak it up with a paper towel and clean the area with a distilled white vinegar/water mixture. I would leave her poops scattered around for the day, but then at night put them all in her litter box. After 2 days of leaving the poops out, I would start putting them in her litter box as soon as she drops them. It should take a week or 2 to get completely better.

If the results for EC have not been confirmed, I would not treat her unless advised to do so by a rabbit-savvy vet.

Thanks Mariam, I just found it strange she didn't do this when she was placed in her pen room or living room (besides the random poops).. I have sprayed vinegar/water to everywhere she's peed. I usually lay fleece, towels that I use in the living room in my room to stop her eating the carpet so her scent is there.

The rabbit vet will do what the orphanage owner wishes as she takes all of her rescue bunnies there and says she's seen improvement on other bunnies taking the EC meds, the orphanage covers it.

No problem! And welcome to the forum! If you think that there will be improvement when she takes the EC medicine then I would get it for her.

haha I wouldn't know if there will be an improvement, I just do what is suggested. I don't want her to be in pain or get worst!

Latest posts

Back