Peeing outside of litterbox

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odyssey~

Reaction score
Hey!

Odyssey is my spayed 1.5 year old female bun. She's super good with her litter habits, almost never peed outside of her box since she was trained.
Today, she went over to her dig box (filled with packing paper) and peed in it. She's done this before, about 8 or so months ago, but this was when I put hay in the dig box for another digging texture so I thought that was why.

She's not dribbling pee or anything so I think UTI is ruled out. It was just this one time. And she's used her litterbox again already since.
The dig box was closer to where she was compared to her litterbox so is that why?
I'm not really sure why she does this, any info is appreciated thanks!!!

Since my rabbits liked to pee in their dig box on a regular basis, I'm surprised your rabbit is so good about not doing it. I wouldn't think much of an isolated accident, but more if it starts occurring on a regular basis.

Since my rabbits liked to pee in their dig box on a regular basis, I'm surprised your rabbit is so good about not doing it. I wouldn't think much of an isolated accident, but more if it starts occurring on a regular basis.
Thank you!
Oh haha okay. I think I may get a plastic tub as a dig box instead of the cardboard I'm using now so pee doesn't soak in if she does it again >_<

Latest posts

Back