Peeing outside of litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binkybun

Reaction score
Hey everyone!! I have an almost year old free roam bunny.. she’s usually very very good with her litter box habits, only a couple stray poops as expected.. recently i got her a nice new litterbox and changed the location.. she sometimes will go to the old spot and realize it’s not there anymore and go to the new one, it seems she knows where it is and knows to do her business in it but I’ve been finding pee marks next to it and where the old one was.. any tips on how to fix this?

My rabbits sometimes pee right next to the litter box, just don't bother to hop in. What helped was that I put blocks of wood there, I used those square ones from pallets, but I guess anything that makes them uncomfortable peeing there might work. Something that they can pass easily but not squat onto comfortably.

I put rugs & puppy pads around litter boxes when mine do this.

The only real solution I found was to put larger and more litter boxes in that area. They seem to like that, even though they only use one litterbox 95% of the time. It must be a territorial thing or something.

Latest posts

Back