Peeing on my bed! Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelnutbunny

Reaction score
Hi!
I have a sweet little bunny named Merlot, he is one year old and neutered. He roams freely in the house.
Since he arrived, he always had this special bond with my bed. He liked to rest and even sleep with me, which is alright. Then, he began peeing on my bed during the day, which made me always take him off it. I've tried to put a grid in front of the bad so he wouldn't jump, but I can't isolate my bed, so he always found a way on getting on it. He understood that I don't like it when he jumps on it, so he never does it when I'm around (and he's never alone near the bed when I'm not close to it). The problem is, last week he started jumping on my bed while I sleep and pees on it. He never peed on me and doesn't jump on me, so I never wake up. There is no way to cut access to the room that the bed stays on, and I don't know what else to do! He is litter trained and the only place he pees outside of it is my bed. I feel like he's maybe marking territory. Any ideas of what should I do? I've been changing my sheets everyday, and it's all getting stained! Please help.

Can you you put up a baby gate? I had simular issues with my male until he was fixed. I think my rabbit was trying to claim me and where my scent was strongest as "his". So I saw it as a form of territory aggression. If I were you, I'd get a cage or pen he can go in when not supervised if the room can't be blocked off.

Latest posts

Back