Peeing in same spot but litter trained

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aph10

Reaction score
One or both of my male rabbits are peeing in the same area of their bedroom. They are very good about using the litter box and have been trained for 4-5 years now. I’ve put a litter box near the area they pee but they will sometimes just pee in front of the box. There’s a litter box in the living room and they don’t do that there so it’s very frustrating.

I clean the pee with slightly diluted vinegar. But it seems once I clean it they pee near it again. But not when there’s already pee there. Any ideas on how to get any lingering smell they may be smelling or ways to deter them from doing this?

Weird! How old are they? Perhaps it's getting difficult to hop into the bedroom litterbox if it's got a higher entrance that the living room box. 🤨

Could they be marking territory?oneor harrasing the other when using? One solution would be just put a litter box right in the spot.

I agree. If they're still doing it, I would try another litter box right on the spot. Putting smooth tiles down over the spot is another option to try. Rabbits are usually not as inclined to pee on smooth surfaces. Though do make sure the floor is protected from seepage under the tile in case they do still pee there. Use vinegar water mix to get rid of the smell. I also use a bit of hydrogen peroxide as it breaks up the urine well. But only use on surfaces that can't be damaged with it.

Latest posts

Back