Peeing in certain corners

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura stone

Reaction score
I have two pairs of bonded males and females.

The boys hate each other so we have to let each pair out to play separately.

Whenever I let each pair out they pee outside each other’s doors.
How can I get them to stop this I’m guessing it’s territorial..
All bunnies have been ‘fixed’ and all are 1/2years old

Many thanks

What you've described sounds like being territorial and would be normal for unfixed rabbits or soon after fixing them, I don't know honestly maybe they are housed too close next to each other and feel need to mark their territory anyway. If you see it as a problem I would probably separate them so they can't see/smell each other pair for a few weeks and after that maybe try introducing them as new rabbits, or just keep their territories far from each other. Hope you'll get more advice from other people here, I have a few bonded pairs at the moment and keep learning I want to bond them into a larger community but still watching them and thinking how to do it, not sure which way would be less stressful to bond two bonded pairs together or by adding one new member to already bonded pair, then one more. As far I as I know adding new members can break existing bond but maybe it can be fixed. I will follow your thread here, good luck :)

Since the males hate each other, the only way I can think of to stop their territorial marking is to have separate exercise areas. Even though you have been letting them out separately, they each still smell that the other one has been there in "their" territory so they will always feel the need to re-establish their territory by re-marking. :(

Latest posts

Back