Peeing everywhere part 2.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyrider48

Reaction score
Hello! So I posted before about how my neutered bunny started peeing everywhere in his enclosure a few months after I got 2 unspayed baby girl bunnies. It was recommended that I take him to the vet and the appointments were booked out until April :/ I gave him another bum bath and moved him into my room and boom! He started peeing in his litterbox again! I moved him back to his normal enclosure a few weeks later and he's back to his old antics. My question is, is it normal for a neutered bunny to be territorial and spray pee around unspayed female bunnies? As I said in the previous thread, he's always been good with his litter habits so this is unusual for him. Their enclosures are all near each other and he is now in between the 2 girls.

Usually a neutered male won't be so excessive about territorial marking like this. So that is somewhat unusual, but every rabbit is different. Though if you haven't already, it might be worth checking that bum of his and making sure the neuter happened as it should and there aren't any testicles left down there.

And if he is in fact neutered and the behavior never calms down, even when the girls have matured and been spayed, there's always the possibility of adrenal problems causing a hormonal imbalance and this hormonal behavior. To determine this though, you would have to have blood testing done.

https://rabbit.org/sex-hormones-in-altered-rabbits/
For now, it sounds like you would need to keep him in a separate room to stop the behavior. Or if that isn't possible, you could try putting up a solid barrier between him and the girls, so he can't see them. That may help, even though he'll still be able to hear them.

Okay! I'll keep him in my room for now. He just likes to pull up the carpet a lot :/ Also, does anyone happen to know how long it takes for the hormones to pass after a girl bunny is spayed?

Put a tile or rug on the part of the carpet he is chewing. A female rabbit's hormones should pass after 1-2 months, but it really just depends on the rabbit.

Latest posts

Back