Pee stains on vinyl flooring... HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellamy+Lilah

Reaction score
Does anybody know of anything that can get pee stained vinyl floors clean? (it's the kind people typically have in their bathroom or kitchen floor) I have this kind of flooring in my rabbit hutch and I'm not always able to wipe it clean as soon as they have an accident where I have to be away at work.

I have tried Clorox wipes and Clorox bleach clinging gel and a waterhose + scrubbing brush with out any luck. I always make sure the bleach is rinsed away and patted dry with a towel and aired out for a couple hours before I let my buns back in the hutch so it won't hurt them by the way.

You have to be very careful with your cleaning agents and your buns. I use CLR (Calcium, Lime, Rust) diluted to about 50% but it is incredibly caustic. You must wear heavy duty latex gloves because if you don't it will disintegrate your finger nails. You must also wipe out the floor of your hutch once you do the CLR. It must be completely wiped down, no residual CLR. Also make sure you have good ventilation when you use it (even diluted). Make sure you read the directions and warnings.

The stain may be permanent as Watermelons stated. But in the future, it would be better to stick with plain white vinegar -- it dissolves the urine build-up and is not harmful to your rabbits.

Latest posts

Back