pee on back legs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MATH

Reaction score
The last two days I've noticed there has been pee stains/wet hair on my rabbits right hind leg, the left is not wet. The feet as well as underneath are wetter than usual. The pee does not seem to be irritating his skin (no scratching or hair loss), yet. He is hopping around fine so he did not injure himself. I am watching him currently to see if I can catch him peeing, to see if he is straining in anyway. Any thoughts?

I forget, what breed is Harvey? I wouldwatch him, like your doing. Check his pee to make sure, it looks ok too. Make sure he's drinking and eating.

edit: Is he sitting in his litter box getting wet?

When I was at lucy's breeders it was not uncommon for the male rabbits to pee on the bars (this was an elevated cage), and then wipe it all over their feet.

Is Harvey neutered?

I am not sure what breed he is, some sort of crazy mix. I am going to postsomephotos in the breed section after I finish this to see if I canfind out. I've had him in for about an hour, no sign of pee yet *sigh*. He is drinking fine. He eats his veggies in the morning well, he has not been eating his pellets at night very well without some encourangement, which is strange. His litter box was wet as of this morning, it is possible he could just be sitting in it. I'm not sure why though, his cage is spacious.

He is not neutered. His cage is elevated so it's a possibility, that he was sitting on it by leaning only on one side...

An unneutered rabbit may want to get pee on themselves (gross but true) because they want to smell unique to the does. Is his hind leg mobility 100% fine, or does he limp a little with one leg? Urinary incontinence can be a sign of several issues, including a urinary tract infection. Check our thread on Urinary Tract Problems, and keep an eye out for any abnormalities in the urine, such as swirls of blood. Also keep an eye out for hind leg immobility or increased water intake. If he continues to do it every day for a week, it probably should be seen by a vet. Even a hormonal bunny doesn't want to smell like pee everyday for a week!
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12052&forum_id=10

Okay, I have been monitoring Harvey since around noon yesterday. He hasn't peed yet!!!!! He is eating his food/hay, drinking, pooping 100% normal. I can not seem to find how much a rabbit is suppoused to pee. I could only find "infrequently, in large quantities". Okay, but how infrequent is infrequent?

I read over the articles but I can't look at the pee, because he hasn't so I can't really tell. He seems quite content, and is hopping around normally... I did see him cleaning himself down there a bit more than I would *think* is normal. The only sign that he is showing that *might* indicate pain, is he has both back legs completely out sometimes so is belly is on the floor

How long can a rabbit go with peeing?

Latest posts

Back