pee odor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question.. when does rabbits pee starts to smell bad?like.. does it smell bad even when they are young?when i told my relative that my bunny is five months old they told me that when she matures her pee will smell bad.. haru isn’t spayed but her pee doesn’t have any odor, is that how she is or will it change later? 😑

Hey guys, I have a question.. when does rabbits pee starts to smell bad?like.. does it smell bad even when they are young?when i told my relative that my bunny is five months old they told me that when she matures her pee will smell bad.. haru isn’t spayed but her pee doesn’t have any odor, is that how she is or will it change later? 😑
Pee does smell and maybe it's just me, but it's not horrible. When you leave it for days and when you dump it, you'll definitely get a whiff of the smell, but it doesn't linger. Also, it can also depend on their diet too (like us, when we eat asparagus and the urine smells strong). It also helps if you use litter pellets that is odor absorbing.

Pee does smell and maybe it's just me, but it's not horrible. When you leave it for days and when you dump it, you'll definitely get a whiff of the smell, but it doesn't linger. Also, it can also depend on their diet too (like us, when we eat asparagus and the urine smells strong). It also helps if you use litter pellets that is odor absorbing.
When I clean the litter I hate it but the only thing I smell is wet hay.. the fresh hay smells the same but not as strong that’s it

Latest posts

Back