Pee-ewwww! Question...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYAngela

Reaction score
So our bunny just turned 5 months old. Had is first vet visit a week ago, he’s in good health. Trying to figure out the source of this new smell. The last 2 days his poop has an awful smell to it where previously didn’t smell at all. Couple of things I’m thinking it could be:

1) At the advice of the Vet we’ve begun a slow transition to adult pellets. So I’ve been putting a tiny bit of the new pellets mixed with his old.

2) He’s in the thick of his teenage hormone surge. Started marking our couch a few weeks ago and just a few days ago marking ME. I will note the poops he drops on my now covered couch have the strongest smell to them. Neutering scheduled for next Wednesday

3) Scent glands? He was just at vet I didn’t ask but I would have thought something she would have checked (because of covid I couldn’t be in room just on phone) Could a problem in that area develop in a week’s time? I can’t check them he’s not a fan of being picked up or prodded.

What do you think? The strong smell of the poops on the couch makes me think it’s the hormones but the fact that it lines up with the new pellets makes me wonder. Curious what your thoughts/experiences are. Obviously will ask vet next week as well I’m just so interested. Pic of the smelly guy...

Attachments

• C120020D-3ADB-47FA-B8F9-BAE6C7D7575D.jpeg
    C120020D-3ADB-47FA-B8F9-BAE6C7D7575D.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 2
Smelly poop guy meet my suddenly stinky poop girl. Spay scheduled for the 7th. Stinky (onion like) poos listed in many of the hormonal teenage articles. And it started all of a sudden one day with the marking and peeing on mom. You are not alone! I feel your pain!

Smelly poop guy meet my suddenly stinky poop girl. Spay scheduled for the 7th. Stinky (onion like) poos listed in many of the hormonal teenage articles. And it started all of a sudden one day with the marking and peeing on mom. You are not alone! I feel your pain!
Onions yes that’s what it’s most like! LOL! Ok I’m glad I’m not alone and it is the hormones I was thinking it could possibly be the food because of the timing! Next week can’t come soon enough for me I have pads on one couch, pillows blocking another. I’d feel too bad to keep him in his pen all day since he’s so used to being out now so I’m living with it but it’s getting old! Hopefully the hormones calm down sooner rather than later! He so good otherwise. Good luck to your baby next week!

Latest posts

Back