Pee Dribbles

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spikethebunny

Reaction score
My little Spike is almost 9 years old. He sleeps in a cat tent most of the day, usually only appearing after 5pm. Yesterday he came out three hours early, and when I looked in the tent, I found two patches of pee. He has a towel in the bottom of his x-pen, and I noticed a couple spots following him around. They are not thick or sludgy, are the same tea colour as usual and are very tiny.

He is still eating normally (getting VERY excited for his lettuce, etc). He's going into his litter box to poop, and he's running and jumping around with lots of energy.

As we don't have a car and due to his age, taking Spike to the vet is very traumatizing for both of us. I will, if I have to. But I don't want to put him through that if this is just maybe old age setting in? I've looked up UTI symptoms. I see no blood or sludge. He doesn't seem to be acting out of the ordinary.

Could the issue be due to his age, or maybe the towel needs to be cleaned? Or am I most probably looking at a UTI here? Is there anything I can do to treat that at home like cranberries or something?

Spoke with Spike's vet. He has a tentative appointment booked for Weds (but I can bring him in sooner if anything changes). It's ridiculously hot here, so we don't want to expose him to the heat if we don't have to (since I don't have a car). The vet is letting me try to grab a urine sample at home and bring that in if I can so they can test that first.

Let the trying to collect a rabbit urine sample adventure begin....

Latest posts

Back