Pee color?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Button

Reaction score
I went out to check the buns this morning.. emits litter box had reddish brown urine it looks more red in the photo.D8843362-14FF-4F68-A4DA-C8D301059B19.jpeg. what does this mean? I’ve checked both of the buns private areas and they are normal. So why would this happen? Also, yes I usepuppy pads so don’t criticize me on that. They don’t chew them either. Please help I don’t have a rabbit savvy vet near me either. I have to go to the state over.

Rabbits can have orangish red urine due to the plant pigments in the food they eat, and this is normal. Have you fed anything different or new lately that could be a cause for this change of urine color?

But that looks a lot redder than I would expect from the possibility of plant pigments. So there is also a chance it could be blood, and if it is, that's a lot of blood, which means there is some serious bleeding going on. Have you noticed anything like thick creamy or pasty urine, straining when urinating, any other unusual changes of behavior?

If you're saying it's not as red as it looks, then it certainly could just be plant pigments, but it's not something I can say for sure one way or the other. If you feel that it could be blood, then you do need to get you rabbit seen right away.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Urine

I did feed a some red leafed lettuce which is on the new side for the buns. I haven’t noticed anything different just what I found today. He’s acting normal and is eating hay, ate veggies, and drinking water.

Rabbits can have orangish red urine due to the plant pigments in the food they eat, and this is normal. Have you fed anything different or new lately that could be a cause for this change of urine color?

But that looks a lot redder than I would expect from the possibility of plant pigments. So there is also a chance it could be blood, and if it is, that's a lot of blood, which means there is some serious bleeding going on. Have you noticed anything like thick creamy or pasty urine, straining when urinating, any other unusual changes of behavior?

If you're saying it's not as red as it looks, then it certainly could just be plant pigments, but it's not something I can say for sure one way or the other. If you feel that it could be blood, then you do need to get you rabbit seen right away.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Urine

Latest posts

Back