Pebbles in her new cage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
Wefinished Pebbles cage this afternoon, but I need to add a shelf and toys. For now, I'm just going to keep her current cage in the big one (her new bigger 'pen' is over 2x the size of her current cage) to add some security for a few days so she doesn't get stressed and home sick. She hasn'tcameout of her cage yet, but I'm just leaving her on her own for now. I forgot tomeasure the cage and the base, so the size is a bit bigger then the space. I sort of had to come up with a different plan. It was going to sit horizontally against the wall, but now it sits up, blocking the closet so I'm kind of thrown off by that.

I think she's handling it better then I am. I don't like and can't handle new changes and get a huge sense of anxiety from big changes. I feel overwhelmed just from moving Pepsi's cage over a bit because I don't want her to get stressed out, worried about my dog since the cage is on the floor, nervous that Pebbles won't like it, and wondering if I just wasted my time and she won't like it. Does anyone else have this fear of change? I almost feel sick to my stomach because I'm so anxious if Pepsi won't mind being moved over and if Pebbles will like her new pen. Ialso feelguilty for Pepsi becausePebbles gets more room then her, and Iwant to treat the girls equal.Gosh, I've gone insane with these bunnies!

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

I know exactly how you feel. Don't worry, your girls are lucky to have you as an owner and you're only doing what you know is best for them. I'm new to rabbit ownership, but you seem to be quite knowledgeable and very caring. And I know, without a doubt, you will have the support of everyone here if you encounter any problems.

*hugs* and good luck with the new cage.

-Amy and Oswald

Thanks! I know everything will be ok, but I just get so anxious if something new happends, especially with my girls. I get guilty very quickly, now I'm feeling bad for Pepsi. I just need to chill out :).

Aww. Big Hugs to you, Pebbles and Pepsi:hug::hug2!!

Everything will be fine. Im sure Pebbles will love her new surroundings once she has a chance to get used to everything. I moved my boys cage around this weekend and I was so afraid they were going to be mad at me. Everything turned out great in the end!

It will just take a few days for her to get used to everything. Youre sure a great mommy for being so concerned and attentive.

Cant wait to see some pics!

-Haley and the boys

Thanks! these girls sure keep me on my toes!

Ok, well good news! I went down, and Pebbles was playing with the wickerbasket I put in there. Her pen is4 (14in cubes) by 3 and two high. I think I'm going to really like this set up. I'll have to see in a few days if I should keep her cage orin there or take it out. Even with her cage in there, I can still sit very comfortably, and even lay on my side if I tuck my knees in a bit. It gives me the chance to have one on one time with her without having to watch her from going up the stairs when she's out, and it gives her room to binky but she has the security of her home. I'll still see if I can lift her cage (I don't like to handle her, because she doesn't like it so I usually just move her cage to where I want to let her run around) so she can still come run around on the stairs. I'll have to see where she goes to the bathroom and put a litterbox I have there. I still need to figure out if I'm going to put a door on Pebbles Pen and how to do it.

I also might buy Pepsi a cat carrier, so I can hold the carrier up to the door opening (with treats in it) so she can go in there, I close the door, and lower it to the ground. Then when I want her to go back I put some more treats (She'll do anything for treats) in the carrier and lift it back up. She doesn't like to be held, so I think this is the best option for her. I would like her to have more time outside the cage, but do it in an easy way for both her and me.

*Oops, by mistake I put 5 instead of 4

I'm just wondering if I should let her out to have a run tonight. When you moved your rabbit in to it's new home, did you wait a day or so before letting them run around? I don't want to move her and her become angry, but I don't want her getting more upset wanting to do her nightly run.

I let mine out that night to check things out...but my guys dont really spend much time at all in a cage..they have the whole room.

I would let her out to check things out. She'd probably enjoy a good look around!

Good luck!

Haley

PS..sounds like a great cage! Must be really roomy!

Alright, thanks! I'll see if Pebbles is in the mood for running around :D.

Yeah, I already love the cage! Anything that I can sit in and almost lay stretched out is fantastic in my books! Now I just need the shelf, find a cardboard box, find out where she wants to pee, and get some toys. To sya the least, I'll be fairly busy!

She LOVES it! She was quick to come out and do binkies and throw around her newspaper (She does this when she's really happy-she does it just before a treat :D). She was busy exploring, chewing her wicker basket (She used to fit, but now it falls over when she tries to get in.. hehe) andnosing her cat balls.I've decided I love it aswell. I put her litter box in this morning and the spot where she pees. I LOVE coroplast- one wipe with a wet cloth and the pees gone! It took me about 10 minutes to clean the pen thoroughly with sweeping and wiping, so that's good. I'm just waiting for my camera battery to charge, so I'll have pictures up in 2-3 hours or less :D.

I'm so happy :bunnydance:. I love it! I love it! I love it!

Pictures!

f90ad399.jpg
9f8b65fa.jpg

81722b40.jpg

c204fc14.jpg

*Excuse my pj's and toes :).

Aww..Pebbles looks so happy in her new home! Everything looks great. I know you were debating whether or not to remove her cage, why not just remove the top to her cage so she still has the bottom plastic part? That might open it up a bit for her (and make is easier for you to clean out!).

Looks like Pebbles is one lucky bunny!

-Haley

Thanks!

It's not too hard to clean, as she usually just goes in her litterbox. I was just wondering if she'd want somewhere enclosed so she doesn't feel so out in the open. She only goes in her cage to still use her literbox a bit, eat her pellets, and drink. The rest of the time she's out laying in the part of her cage that gets a bit ofmild indirect sun.

If I do take out her cage, I'll put in a large cardboard box so she still has an enclosed area where she can go if she feels threatened orscared.

I need a waterbottle for theoutside of her cage because she eats the hay, then she has to keep going back and fourth to get a drink ofwater.

Thanks again!

:disgust:Wehave an escaper!

Well, my mom woke me up at 6:50am to tell me my bunnies out. I'm like what the? Hmmm.. I guess someone decided she'd go for an early morning run (Thank god it was when I was home[I'm the only one who can pick up the little thing!], the dog on the leash, and the door close!). I found her in the rabbit room having just a blast.I told my mom and brother to get out so I could get her (a tad bit cranky in the morning?). So, now I have bleeding scratches on my neck/chest area, I'm somewhat dissapointed, and the little girls got her wings clipped and now is in her secure old house! I'm going to homedepot to get another sheet of coroplast to put on the cage.

I figure the little muffin jumped on her oldcage, jumped on the table, and then jumped down tosweet freedom. Or, she could have been a little monkey and climbed over.I wonder how long she was running around before my brother went in to leave for work? I guess I'll never know!

I love my little fence hopper :D.:love:But I'm sore now from her kicking me and lots of bloody scratches!

What a little escape artist! Now that I look back at the pics of her setup...I can see how she would get out..Jump on the cage and then over the grid...Shes pretty smart!

Another idea, instead of coroplast for the top, would be to make a top out of NIC grids, and hinge it in the middle (vertically), then you could flip the right half over onto the left side if you want to sit in there with her. Just an idea.

Good Luck!

-Haley

Hi thanks! I decided to just get a piece of clear coroplast. I can just quickly slid it off and behind the cage when I want to clean or go in, and then put it right back on. I think Pebbles is still getting used to it, but she's going to have to after she pulled a stunt like she did this morning!

Hm, the only problem with having half closed would be if I need to get her cage(purple one)out it would be in the way. My dad just has to cut the coroplast so it isn't overly large.

The good thing though is she's now litter trained in her pen! No more accidents on the coroplast :D.

Sounds like you have it all figured out! Hopefully yourbrilliant little girl wont outsmart the humans again. Bunnies can be so cunning..my boys are always thinking of things that Im not. :)

The coroplast top will be so easy to just slide off...and will make it easier for you to take her cage out....

And hurray for Pebbles on using her litter box!

Good Luck (again)!!

-Haley

Where did you get the coroplast and how did you cut it to make the lipped edge on the bottom? Coroplast sounds like the way to go to make the bottom - I want to try it.

Cinnabunny can clear a two-high NIC gate with just a little leap. She also keeps improving her jump! If you can cut the coroplast why not punch holes on the edge and use dog clips to keep it on the NIC gate at night?

I got a 4x8 sheet at home depot. I was going to try to make a big wood tray so the mess would stay in, but it didn't work. I just cut the coroplast down a bit, put it on a piece of plywood for extra support (Also because the tile is cool in the winter) and drilled down the connecters into the coroplast/wood so she couldn't move her pen around.

It stays put if I just lay it over the top of the cage. It's wider and longer then the actual frame of the pen so it stays on quite nicely. I don't think she could knock it over or get over it because it is quite akward to move, especially for a 2lb bunny!

Latest posts

Back