Pebbles Head Tilt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 14 days of medication has passed, and Pebblesis fine.I still have extra medicine left over. Her head tilt is mostly gone, (it just seems to be tilted because Iwas so worried about it). I panicked because she had a wet bottom a few days ago, but she is active, eating and pooping. I booked an appointment for Pebbles to have a recheck this afternoon.
Then today she had poopy butts again. :foreheadsmack:
In less than an hour I am taking Pebbles in that I had booked to seethe rabbit doctor (Dr. Steele). Hopefully Pebbles will get a full exam by the doctor and that she will get a clean bill of health.

Im so glad to hear the tilt is gone!

What her diet like these days? Could it just be that thats throwing her off a bit?

Haley wrote:
What her diet like these days? Could it just be that thats throwing her off a bit?

So nice to have Dr. Steele see Pebbles. We had a very nice visit. She is pleased the tilt has got better, andfelt the Doxycycline was effective for this treatment. However Dr. Steele is aware of the bacteria becoming resistant and other cultures would be needed for the future. She noticed the weight gain. ;)

For now, we will stop the medicine, and cut back on the alfalfa. Pebbles has to eat more hayto get morefibre, and to keep her teeth in check.

Haley, the alfalfa was making Pebbles stomach soft and was going through her system too fast thus giving her the mushy poops.

2qml1dt.jpg

What ... at the Doctors office again?

11i09rn.jpg

Dr. Steele checking Pebbles.

35k73hv.jpg

No fever.

256wmki.jpg

Teeth check.

No charge for this visit. Dr. Steele wants to see Pebbles again next week, to make sure the head tilt is gone without the medicineand that her poops have harden after cutting back on the alfalfa.

That's grea to hear, Stan! Thanks for sharing the pics they're great. I must take my camera to my next vet visit:p.

Best of luck to little Pebbles to continue to be well.;)

Wow! I missed this entirely, but I'm so glad to hear that Pebbles is better :hug:

m.e. wrote:
I'm so glad to hear that Pebbles is better :hug:
Thanks Emily. :)

I took Pebbles back for a recheck with Dr. Steele today. The Doctor just wanted to see how Pebbles Head Tilt was after the medication.

2u53t4n.jpg

Pebbles meeting one of the techs.

xc7x1g.jpg

Sitting in her cage, not causing problems to the other animals coming in to see the vet.

2ce1zs2.jpg

Getting weighed. She lost some weight when I stopped giving Pebbles alfalfa, but now she is at a stable 1220 grams. She still looks for her alfalfa as she picks through her pellets, and eats sometimothy hay with dismay. ;)

s4azh1.jpg

Dr. Steele feels there is an improvement with Pebbles abdomen as it was gassy before (from the alfalfa), and there is no more poopy butts. :clapping: More time is needed for her intestines to stabilize with the current diet.

2d9snjt.jpg

One of the rechecks Dr. Steele wanted to do was to see Pebbles teeth again.

smftj4.jpg

Pebbles molars are more even since the last visit, so her teeth are fine. :weee:
Even her sneezing has subsided from the medicine,it is a chronic snuffles that is currently stagnant. No charge for the examine. :biggrin2:

Poor Pebbles, being manhandled like that. :nonono:

Love those great check-ups -- especially when they're free!!

Awesome vet!

Really awesome bunny. :inlove: (and slave!) :bouquet:

sas :bunnydance:

You don't know how relieved I am that pebbles has got the 'all clear'. You are such a good Bunny Slave for catching things quickly and treating her so well.

And Pebbles is such a little trooper - had to smile at her 'look of dismay' at the Timothy hay :D

Jan

Pipp wrote:
Awesome vet!

It says something when the Doctor has her own 4 year old rex that she got from the local MacDonalds Rescue. She told me she has to trim her teeth every 3 weeks.
Also people from the Wildlife Rehabilitation bring their animals to this Clinic.

All rechecks are free as the Doctor like to fallow up on how the animal is doing.

LuvaBun wrote:
- had to smile at her 'look of dismay' at the Timothy hay :D
She has excellent manners and very good with the litter box. But taking away the alfalfa, she is leaving the odd poops and pee on the cage floor. :vacuum:

TinysMom was asking me about Pebbles sneezing and chronic snuffles. Pebbles does sneeze daily, mostly when she begins to eat her pellets or hay. Could be the dust that triggers it. When she sneezes, she will stand up and wipe/wash her face with her paws to clean her nose. Her noes is always moist and clear, and the sneezing might blow out some white watery discharge. It is something Pebbles will always have, but other than that, she is a perfectly normal bunny.

The only time she gets Head Tilt or Pastureala type symptoms when she is stressed and her immune system is down.You just have to watch how active they are, and if they are eating and pooping OK. Pebbles does not affect Bebe with her symptoms as they share everything I have for them (they are not bonded but live in close proximity).

ntgk5.jpg

You can see what her nose was like when she was at the Doctors.

9bhtvo.jpg

There is some crusting on her nose and some on her paws from wiping.It is alwaysmoist,but at home it looks way better. The latest round of medication helped too.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
TinysMom was asking me about Pebbles sneezing and chronic snuffles. Pebbles does sneeze daily, mostly when she begins to eat her pellets or hay. Could be the dust that triggers it. When she sneezes, she will stand up and wipe/wash her face with her paws to clean her nose. Her noes is always moist and clear, and the sneezing might blow out some white watery discharge. It is something Pebbles will always have, but other than that, she is a perfectly normal bunny.

You can see what her nose was like when she was at the Doctors.

9bhtvo.jpg

There is some crusting on her nose and some on her paws from wiping.It is alwaysmoist,but at home it looks way better. The latest round of medication helped too.

Thanks so much for sharing that. I asked because Miss Bea has been having a lot of sneezing with watery whitish discharge - not thick or anything. I've talked to one person who talked to their vet (who is more rabbit savy than my vet) and they think it might be allergies. We've got Miss Bea on meds just in case it is something like pneumonia....but the suspicion has become that she might have allergies - either to the puppies (they sleep in the bedroom at night - she owns the bed and the bedroom) or maybe the puppies go outside and roll around in something in the grass and she is allergic to it. I just got a new vaccum cleaner and am going to try to use that and see if it helps her. (I've also pm'd Randy for his take on it).

I may take her to the vet that is 70+ miles away but their answer to everything like this is to throw Baytril at it and why bother culturing it since it is probably just "snuffles"....

I want to get her over this if it is something - so we can get her spayed. She's almost four....and everytime I think about getting her spayed and come close to having the time/money for it (I have to take her 70+ miles away)....she winds up sneezing.

Maybe she's reading my mind???

Latest posts

Back