Pebble's damp nose

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
Hi! I've had Pebble's for 8 weeks yesterday, andfrom the time I've got her occasionally she's had a damp nose. Thetimes it's most damp is when I'm holding her or after she's run around.It's enough to show a bit on my hand and show a bit of streaky wetnesson her fur, but never looks runny.

If I put my finger up to her nose when she's in the cage sometimes it's dry, sometimes I get a tiny bit of wetness.

I don't know what it could be. I don't think it's her teethbecause I checked and her teeth look fine I just don't know about hermollars. Her favourite food is timothy hay and eats a ton of it alongwith pellets and wood so I don't think this would be causing hertrouble with her teeth with the hard food. Her eyes are clear, her pawsaren't matted, and I've never heard her sneeze.

I was going to introduce her withPepsi next Friday, and I'mjust a bit weary about this whole runny nose thing. Could it just besomething with her, or a minor upper respritory infection?

It sounds to me like just simple moisture buildup... the warmth of her breath causing moisture to condense...

Like if you cup your hands and breath regularly into them, they'll getsweaty. It's the oxygen condensing into moisture.

The reason it only seems to happen after romping around or while you'reholding her is because bunnies tend to breath a little faster &heavier while playing and being held.

As long as there is no actual snot, all is well. ;)

I hope this helps ease your concerns.

~Sunshine

Oh ok thanks. If I look in her nose I haven'tever seen it looking runny. Just sometimes when she nudges my face orsomething I can feel a bit of dampness. Her nose is the reason why I'vebeen holding back introcuing them, so do you think I have nothing toworry about?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it will because Pepsi is verygentle with everything. I had her playing with this tiny baby dutchthat I was looking at at Christmas and she was such a little lady! I'mjust going to have to watch out for Pebble's because she has a bit of afiesty personality already.. I'll get some pictures of them sniffingthrough the wires soon! :)

Thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Back