Peanuts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitfire

Reaction score
Is there anything I can do for peanuts? I have 2 from two different litters - same age. I was told about the spinach baby food but when I checked the ingredients the jar said "onion power". Is that safe?
How do I tell a runt from a peanut?

Howdy Spitfire - looks like we're both up late? Summer's pulling hair ... again....so I'm hoping she's finally gonna give me those babies.

Here is a thread I started a few days ago about peanuts and there is a link in it to a website.

I've got to tell you though -I've had 3 peanuts (maybe 4? I've had a few runts too)....and none of them made it. I hate to admit it - but with the last one - I didn't fight as hard as I normally fight with them.

It's gotten to the point where I make up some kitten milk replacer (maybe 1/2 tsp?) and use a Q-tip to put a drop of the formula on their lip/mouth ....and then once I have their attention - I either put the formula on their lip or on my finger and then kind of put it where they can almost lick it off my finger...its hard to explain.

Here is the thread:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11656&forum_id=8

I've also had runts that I've done this with.

From my experience of 30 something litters....I still try to save them....but I have yet to save a runt that can't seem to latch onto the nipple or a peanut.

I'm sorry...

Peg

Oh hi Tiny's momma! I thought I clicked on the button to delete this thread - guess it didn't work! After I posted it I found the other thread and checked it out. I thought I had 2 peanuts - in the picture it showed how they looked with their ears set back. I took one of them and put it in with Lara 24 hours ago. I just had a feeling something wasn't right with their momma Licorice.
Well several hours later I checked everyone and both kits were doing well. Fat, fed, warm, HYDRATED and wiggly! I've been checking them every couple of hours, just checked again in fact. Both kits are doing well. I think Licorice doesn't have enough milk for all of her babies or it isn't rich enough. Now I feel bad because last time this happened with her I assumed it was a peanut and I didn't take it away from Licorice:( I made her feed it instead which didn't help.

Latest posts

Back