Peanuts Place ~ A Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's get started right at the beginning,
Hi, it's nice to meet you and..... I love rabbits! I first started looking into bunnies in early 2016 many years before I got my first bunny. Let me tell you I was obsessed! Bunnies just amazed me and I grew up watching Lennon the bunny, 101 rabbits, and stormy rabbits (when they still posted :( ) I thought it was so cool to be able to teach rabbits tricks and be able to cuddle with them. The first pair of rabbits I looked at was a bonded pair on adopting a pet, one of their names was mocha! Such a cute name right?? I begged and begged to get a bunny, but as parents love to say, your too young. Maybe they were right, (not maybe, defiantly) Moving on though fast forward to January 2020 right before the pandemic my dad showed me a post on Facebook about someone needing to find a home for their bunny since they were going off to college, this bunny was a Netherland dwarf with super tiny ears, a Netherland dwarf that you just knew it was one because of the way it looked. In fact, they found the poor little bunny outside! Right after their neighbors moved away, coincidence, maybe. This little bunny was my obsession for a good part of 2020, sadly things didn't work out so I moved on. Then we found a little rescue with dwarf hotots and I rescued one, she was so cute and I loved her to death, we even got her a bunny buddy, but he sadly passed away within a month and we never found out the reason, (it was not GI stasis) Sadly my little sweet hotot died in a spay, I felt worthless, and felt I had no purpose, so about 8 days after her passing I brought a new bun into my life, and I named him peanut. We named him Peanut because he was the same size as a 4-week old bunny, actually smaller. He has grown a lot since being dumped at the rescue and coming to live with me. Peanut has been spoiled to pieces since of my fear that any day could be his last. Things have been going great with him, he has castles, campers, hammocks, beds, and toys galore. I can link you to all his items if I am aloud,( @Watermelons please approve if I can in the replies ) Sadly peanut can not be a free roam boy but he does get 8-12 hours out of cage time, his cage is 12 square feet, which is above the minimum but still smaller than I would like, he would be freeroam in my bathroom but he doesn't move in there because of the tiles. Since he was my third rabbit and I had already been doing years of research I knew what to do with him. This coming up week is his neuter, so please wish us luck, I will keep you all updated, hopefully, I can in the future at least do bi-weekly updates on this blog! Getting back to peanut though, I am throwing him a party tomorrow with presents and even a bunny cake! I can't wait to update you all with photos, I hope you enjoyed your first installment of peanuts place!
Years ago my in-laws had a few pets who didn't live long. 1 was electrocuted from biting a cord, another was just very weak and went to have multiple IVs and antibiotics treatments. She died while outdoors. The next 2 had cancer. Finally they had a pet that made it. Unfortunately you just cannot guarantee an animal will live a certain amount of time or who will not get sick. It is a risk when bringing a pet home (or a child too). Do the best to make healthy choices for your pet...that is all.

Nicole

Latest posts

Back