Passover and Pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Gelly
Reaction score
So I'm in an interesting situation. As an observant Jew, I cannot eat or have certain grain and legume products in my home over the duration of Passover which is 8 days. Oxbow adult pellets contain grain/legume ingredients as do most rabbit pellets (I think). Is it ok if I don't feed my bunny pellets for that length of time? His current diet is unlimited timothy hat, about 3 Tbsp give or take oxbow pellets, and 1-1.5 cups of greens including romaine, cilantro, arugula, and spring mix. He's a 10 mos. old mini rex male.

That should be ok but just for a little. I wouldn't recommend it but I respect your thoughtfulness. Just make sure you substitute it with plenty of other healthy foods. Good luck!

You don’t need to feed pellets during that time. But as Bunnylove said, substitute it with fresh greens or something else. If anything, so that you don’t have to go through this every year, I’d red come down swapping to a grain free pellets. My mum brought some for my rabbit like a month or two ago and they are great!

You don’t need to feed pellets during that time. But as Bunnylove said, substitute it with fresh greens or something else. If anything, so that you don’t have to go through this every year, I’d red come down swapping to a grain free pellets. My mum brought some for my rabbit like a month or two ago and they are great!
Can you link a brand of grain free pellets?

Latest posts

Back