Parsley for bunnies??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea parsley was on the restricted list 😱
You can feed parsley like twice a week, no problem, just try other greens as well. Parsley a bit high on oxalates same as kale, spinach or mustard greens, you can feed them once or twice a week. Try cilantro/coriander, basil, mint, carrot tops (greens, not carrots), rocket/arugula for other days. Dark green lettuces as well (not iceberg)

You can feed parsley like twice a week, no problem, just try other greens as well. Parsley a bit high on oxalates same as kale, spinach or mustard greens, you can feed them once or twice a week. Try cilantro/coriander, basil, mint, carrot tops (greens, not carrots), rocket/arugula for other days. Dark green lettuces as well (not iceberg)

Yes I’ve always been very careful with Kale and spinach but didn’t realise parsley was on there too. I will cut that back a bit now.

Parsley (especially the stems) is a excellent source of Vitamin A. I feed it to my bunnies about 3-4 days a week, no problem. This is by far one of their favorite greens, aside from cilantro, dandelion stems, basil, mint, and lettuce.

I typically feed my rabbits cilantro five times a week and italian or curly parsely once or twice a week. I also feed them organic dandelion greens, romaine and occasionally carrot tops or celery leaves (all organic). This is in addition to greens high in oxalates such as broccoli, collard greens and various varieties of kale. However, I am now worried about RHDV2 being transmitted to them via contact with these food items, however short of growing all this myself in a controlled restricted access environment, I don't know what can be done about that. Wash thoroughly and pray?

Yeah I've tried her on spinach, parsley, and cilantro and she loves them all so thank you for all the help😊

Just keep in mind that all of those greens on the 'occasional' list get counted together. For example, if you feed spinach 2 or 3 times per week, then nothing else on that list (parsley, kale, mustard greens, etc) should be fed that week.

If you wanted to feed parsley everyday, it's possible to do that if fed in small amounts. Mine get it almost every day from my garden, but only a very small sprig or two per rabbit. You just don't want to be feeding them a whole bunch of it. And for any rabbit prone to calcium build up in the bladder, high calcium greens like parsley, need to be fed with caution and sometimes not at all.

Latest posts

Back