Paper eater!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fraggles is a paper eater. I am talking all kinds of paper from business cards to bus transfers. She reaches on the coffee table and then takes whatever she finds to her hidey place to alone with it. Try to take it and you will get boxed and charged! She does not chew up things like other buns but paper is a huge problem. Is this bad for her? Can she get sick or get a blockage? On a lighter note I seriously offended her today. I scooped her up off the floor (big offense) had her bum in my hand and my other hand around her middle. Well all the sudden I planted a big smacking kiss on the bottom of one her huge back feet. Her nose STOPPED moving and her ears went flat. She looked at me in total shock and disgust. I put her down and you should have seen the foot flicks all the way to her cage!

Yes, consuming paper can cause a blockage. Don't allow her to consume any paper. She must eat lots and lots of hay? When a bun does consume paper, hay is the best thing for them to push the paper along the intestinal system. I would try giving toys for her that don't allow consumption. Baby keys are a good one for them to toss around. I would avoid phone books to dig on as she is a paper lover.;)

is she eating the paper or just tearing it up and making a mess? i know willow and walter both LOVE paper. they love shredding phone books to bits, but i don't see them actually eating it.

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
No there is no mess. She gets a hold of something and its gone. No pieces no shredding. I have caught her many time. Yes kissing the bottoms of her back feet is now a daily thing :D

Well .. if I were you I would give her my no longer needed - important papers. She sounds like a great way to keep your personal info safe. lol.

Does she still react the same when you kiss her feet?

Becky loves paper too, but she just shreds it. She does get mad when I take her paper away until she sees new!
Before
100_0997.jpg

Resting After
100_1000.jpg

Latest posts

Back