Paper based cat litter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BentleyBun

Reaction score
Anyone use the brand exquisicat paper crumble litter? Or other soft paper cat litter for their bun? We currently use the horse stall pellets which we love but Bentley hates the feeling so we but carefresh on top ( hay is in a box In the litter box due to scab leftover form infection and I don’t want the hay to stab him) this set up works but I was just wondering if anyone has other recommendations on soft paper litter. Saw another rabbit owner use the exquisicat, but saw it has baking soda and zeolite

https://www.petsmart.com/cat/litter...MIk4vxstr88AIVuh-tBh0tWwl_EAQYASABEgL5mvD_BwE

Okocat litter might be what you're looking for, I know it's paper and recycled. Another common one used on here is Yesterday's News

Anyone use the brand exquisicat paper crumble litter? Or other soft paper cat litter for their bun? We currently use the horse stall pellets which we love but Bentley hates the feeling so we but carefresh on top ( hay is in a box In the litter box due to scab leftover form infection and I don’t want the hay to stab him) this set up works but I was just wondering if anyone has other recommendations on soft paper litter. Saw another rabbit owner use the exquisicat, but saw it has baking soda and zeolite

https://www.petsmart.com/cat/litter...MIk4vxstr88AIVuh-tBh0tWwl_EAQYASABEgL5mvD_BwE
Absolutely don’t use this brand. I found a ton of plastic hard bits/shards and bits of latex material in an unopened bag. I only had it because I got it from the organization that I foster through. I only checked because I remember seeing a review where someone said the same thing!

Attachments

• 7E3E0578-E218-4596-9314-EF20A8843353.jpeg
    7E3E0578-E218-4596-9314-EF20A8843353.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 6C9E4E64-5C15-4662-AED7-EE4E465993D3.jpeg
    6C9E4E64-5C15-4662-AED7-EE4E465993D3.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20E441B7-AB28-4AD4-B4FD-0326B43602B7.jpeg
    20E441B7-AB28-4AD4-B4FD-0326B43602B7.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 1
I found a good sale for Carefresh in Petsmart a few months ago and stocked up. I buy the one that expands to 60L. I tried Kaytee recently and went back to Carefresh. It absorbs better. Have used it for many years now. I now put hay on top for consumption. Don't know if other brands absorb just as well but since I got to pay only $15 for the 60L, I am ok for a few months. The sale included extra savings if I subscribed, so it was even cheaper that way.

Thanks everyone! I decided to just stick with the equine pine from tractor supply with carefresh on top. He’s been using that setup for years so might as well keep it the same.

Latest posts

Back