Papaya tablets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buns don't seem to care for the canned pumpkin :S However, I've noticed with Bonny that a leaf or 2 of romaine lettuce seems to do the trick.

Question: just to be clear... when molting ( I believe I read that high humidity, changes in enviornment ( bringing new bunnies in, moving cages, getting them out of their normal routine) can bring on a molt?) Also, bigger than normal poops, moist and hair attached = 'hairballs'? Is this a time to give the Sim. drops as preventative as well as increasing the roughage?

~Sealy

pamnock wrote:
Fructose is a natural sugar in fruits. So although there are no "added" sugars in Oxbow paypaya, the tablets still do contain sugar (fructose) according to some Oxbow sites.

Yes, that's what I meant...no sugar added...just the sugar that is naturally in the fruit itself. The human ones (at least the ones I've seen) have sugar added to the already sugary fruit.

Sealy wrote:
My buns don't seem to care for the canned pumpkin :S However, I've noticed with Bonny that a leaf or 2 of romaine lettuce seems to do the trick.

Question: just to be clear... when molting ( I believe I read that high humidity, changes in enviornment ( bringing new bunnies in, moving cages, getting them out of their normal routine) can bring on a molt?) Also, bigger than normal poops, moist and hair attached = 'hairballs'? Is this a time to give the Sim. drops as preventative as well as increasing the roughage?

~Sealy

Yes, when the rabbit is experiencing any stress factors, it's time to kick up the roughage dark, leafy greens & hay. Rabbit breeders also use electrolytes in the watersuch as Acid Pac. I wouldn't toss additional sugar into the mix, so I'd avoid fruits and forgo the papaya.

I also use Nutri Cal when rabbits are off their feed.

Pam

Latest posts

Back