Papaya gummies vs tablets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apebull

Reaction score
I read that a lot of you give your buns papaya tablets to help with hair blockage. BUT what is the difference between the tablets and papaya gummies? I use the gummies and he LOVES them it's like bunny crack but are they doing any good or just making him fat lol?

I'm not even sure what papaya gummies you're talking about? Are they made for people? I'm just picturing gummy bears haha.

By papaya gummies, do you mean dried papaya chunks? That's what I give my buns. It's just papaya with no added ingredients.

If you're talking about the dried papaya, the major difference is that the papaya tablets have added enzymes so the enzymes are more concentrated and more likely to actually do something.

Same as Watermelons said, make sure there is no added sugar.

I've been a bit skeptical on how well papaya/pineapple really works, my vet explained that whatever it is in the papaya that dissolves hair doesn't activate until reaching 200 degrees, which it never will in a bunny, but it can't hurt.

I give Ripley the Papaya tablets from Oxbow and he loves them. I give them to him since he's stasis prone but none to the other bunny because she doesn't seem to mind either way and hasn't had digestive issues at all.

One thing I wanted to throw out there about the dried papaya, as someone else mentioned, be sure there's no sweetener in it. A while ago, I used to buy this kaytee papaya http://www.kaytee.com/products/fiesta-healthy-toppings-papaya-small-animals.php then as I was feeding it to the buns I kept finding gritty stuff on it. I could swear its sugar but in the ingredients they only list papaya and artificial colors.. So even then it was good I checked.

Latest posts

Back