Pandaboy fixed!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandaboy

Reaction score
I just got my male rabbit, Pandaboy fixed. He's still woozy...what should I do to comfort him?

awww poor guy, he will be feelign a bit tender. i usually put mine on a towel so no shavings irritatae him and you could put a warm rice sock in with him in case he is a bit shocked after everything he has been through (check if his ears are cold) and just give him lots of TLC

If he's still woozy from the sleep medicine, then he needs help staying warm. Fill a sock with dry rice and warm it up in the microwave. Snuggle it up next to him to help him hold his body heat. You can also put a towel or blanket in the dryer and drape it over him.

He should start perking up soon. All of the neuters I've had done normally act like nothing is wrong after about a day.

Also give him lots of yummy foods to choose from once he's perked up. You want to get him eating as soon as possible.

Did he get any pain medication? It's very important for him to have some pain meds for at least a couple days after his neuter.

--Dawn

No...no pain medications, (I was at school when he was taken to the vet) but my mom asked for pain medication and the nurse said he wouldn't be in "that much" pain...Which doesn't sound right to me. He doesn't have stitches, but he has surgical glue....And is it normal for his hind legs to be a little bloody? But over all, he doesn't seem that uncomfortable anymore, he is hoping in the small space provided for him and is cleaning himself.

I've been heating up towls in the dryer for a while, every 15 minutes he gets a new warm one, he's been drinking a lot. No eating yet.

Oh and good news, he's eating up the slices of apple I gave him!:biggrin2: Those are hard to resist for him!

Honestly, I would like to see the vet get neutered and not recieve any pain medications! Having your testicles removed has got to be painful. Rabbits are very good at hiding pain, but that doesn't mean they don't feel it.

It's good that he's drinking already! I wouldn't worry too much for the first 12-24 hours as long as he's drinking. Try having some different veggies like parsley, cilantro or any of his other favourites around for him to eat. The more tempting the food the better, but at the same time you don't want to overload him with treat food because that will upset his tummy.

Is he enjoying the towels?

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back