panacur dosing help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttymeg

Reaction score
Last year my little guy got EC. It was managed although he did retain a slight mobility issue in his rear legs.

Hes now got it again and ive purchased the meds. I cant for the life of me remember the dose he got for the panacur. I bought the 10% solution. If anyone can advise me the correct dosage id truly appreciate it.

He weighs 6.8 currently normally 6.11 but hes had ivomec and it reduced his appetite a bit. I feel he should get about .3ml im just not certain.

Uhm, I would call the vet if that is where the dosage you forgot came from, should be on file.
If that is not possible, wait until you get robust info, ´like mg/kg, calculated into ml, how often etc. Graduations can vary with packing size, and there are other concentrations than 10% around.

Maybe the Info here might help (I myself have no clue about that stuff)
https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/panacur-rabbit.html

I believe it’s 1 graduation per 2.5kg of body weight. That’s the advice my vet gave me 🥰
Uhm, I would call the vet if that is where the dosage you forgot came from, should be on file.
If that is not possible, wait until you get robust info, ´like mg/kg, calculated into ml, how often etc. Graduations can vary with packing size, and there are other concentrations than 10% around.

Maybe the Info here might help (I myself have no clue about that stuff)
https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/panacur-rabbit.html
I bought the liquid suspension. I reached out to the vet yesterday and havent heard back. Im in the process of finding a more reliable vet for my rabbits. I have 9 english angoras.

6.8 lbs isn't 2.7 kg. It's a little over 3 kg. So 0.6ml for a 3kg rabbit is what I would give.

Ok that makes a lot more sense to me. The 2.7 i got must have been me hitting 5 instead of 6. Im brutal with converting pounds to kg and vice versa.

Latest posts

Back