panacur dosing help

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

nuttymeg

Reaction score
Last year my little guy got EC. It was managed although he did retain a slight mobility issue in his rear legs.

Hes now got it again and ive purchased the meds. I cant for the life of me remember the dose he got for the panacur. I bought the 10% solution. If anyone can advise me the correct dosage id truly appreciate it.

He weighs 6.8 currently normally 6.11 but hes had ivomec and it reduced his appetite a bit. I feel he should get about .3ml im just not certain.

Preitler

Loony bunny guy
Reaction score
Uhm, I would call the vet if that is where the dosage you forgot came from, should be on file.
If that is not possible, wait until you get robust info, ´like mg/kg, calculated into ml, how often etc. Graduations can vary with packing size, and there are other concentrations than 10% around.

Maybe the Info here might help (I myself have no clue about that stuff)

nuttymeg

Reaction score
I believe it’s 1 graduation per 2.5kg of body weight. That’s the advice my vet gave me 🥰
Uhm, I would call the vet if that is where the dosage you forgot came from, should be on file.
If that is not possible, wait until you get robust info, ´like mg/kg, calculated into ml, how often etc. Graduations can vary with packing size, and there are other concentrations than 10% around.

Maybe the Info here might help (I myself have no clue about that stuff)
I bought the liquid suspension. I reached out to the vet yesterday and havent heard back. Im in the process of finding a more reliable vet for my rabbits. I have 9 english angoras.

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

nuttymeg

Reaction score
20mg/kg, once a day for a month is usual dosing for EC. Using the 10% suspension(100mg/ml), that comes to approximately 0.1ml/cc per lb, or 0.2ml/cc per kg(always double check correct dosing and calculations yourself and through your vet).

So if hes 6.8 pounds he would get .6ml
But in kg he is 2.7 meaning he would get .4 then?

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
6.8 lbs isn't 2.7 kg. It's a little over 3 kg. So 0.6ml for a 3kg rabbit is what I would give.

nuttymeg

Reaction score
Ok that makes a lot more sense to me. The 2.7 i got must have been me hitting 5 instead of 6. Im brutal with converting pounds to kg and vice versa.

Latest posts