Pamnock or other breeder

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberts_rabbits_2008

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a doe that was due today and she had only one kit on thewire. Last litter the breeder told me she had 5. Isit very possible that that is all she is going to have? Idon't know how to palpate or anything. I did put her in witha buck to see if anything happens, what do you guys think?

Robert

Its possible that shes only going to have one.Give her some wheat germ oil before you breed her again. It'll make herdrop more eggs.

Hello,

Well, I just went back out to check on the does, as I have 2 due todayand 2 in 2 days. She had made a like burrow for a nest andstuff, that she didn't really have before, so hopefully by morning shewill have some more, not really worried about the babies right now,just the mom. Will keep everyone posted.

Robert

I will be for sure to keep you all posted, Ijust want her to be safe and good when shes done. She is areally nice doe, that should really be able to help out my herd.

Robert\

P.S. The doe is Zenk's Z116

She may have had onlyone, but it isimportant to be able to palpate to determine if any kits have beenretained. At this point, it would be very easy to fell aretained kit in the lower groin -- it will feel like a hard lump (thereare no other organs in the abdomen that it could be confused with thislate in pregnancy).

Hope you have better luck with her next time!

Pam

Latest posts

Back