Palomino

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover78642

Reaction score
Sr. Bucks - 8 months of age and over, weight 8-10 lbs, Ideal weight 9 lbs.

Sr. Does - 8 months of age and over, weight 9-11 lbs. Ideal weight 10 lbs.

Int. Bucks- 6-8 months of age, not to exceed 9 lbs.

Int. Does - 6-8 months of age, not to exceed 9 1/2 lbs.

Jr. Bucks - under 6 months of age, not to exceed 8 lbs. Min weight 4 lbs.

Jr. Does - under 6 months of age, not to exceed 8 1/2 lbs. Min weight 4 lbs.

Pre-Jr. Bucks & Does - under 3 months of age, not to exceed 5 lbs.

[align=left]Varieties: golden, lynx[/align]
[align=left]Picture From-http://www.bbpals.8m.com/intro2.htm[/align]
[align=left]Palomino[/align]

Anyone who could tell me the breed color standard for the golden pals would really make my day! It seems like there's not a lot online - however, I could be missing something.

The ARBA breed standards are copyrighted, so cannot be published online.

The two varieties are golden and lynx.

The golden is a fawn rabbit with white/light agouti markings (eye circles, jowls, nose lacing, belly, under tail and inside legs). The golden has brown eyes.

The lynx is a dilute fawn (not a true genetic lynx). The lynx has blue-gray eyes, a dusty gray tipping on the coat, fawn intermediate band and white undercolor as well as the white agouti markings that the golden has.

Pam

385645.jpg

AllPosters.com

Is there anything I should look for in this breed for faults? She's really cute but she was sold so I'm assuming she wasn't the best or maybe they were looking for lynx?

She has all the coloring and a bit of white on her hip area but it looks like the babies I've seen in the photos (like the one you posted).....

Thanks for your help. We just really want her for a 4H bunny but hope she does well. :biggrin2:

Pals are a commercial meat rabbit, so are judged on their meat type. General type is worth 55 points, color is 25 points.

I would recommend purchasing the ARBA Standard of Perfection for the Pal Standard. 4-Her's also need to know their breed standard when doing showmanship.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Pals are a commercial meat rabbit, so are judged on their meat type. General type is worth 55 points, color is 25 points.

I would recommend purchasing the ARBA Standard of Perfection for the Pal Standard. 4-Her's also need to know their breed standard when doing showmanship.

Pam

THANKS! I will do that. We've never done the bunny show thing but the kids really want to. We might get another one so they both have one - but that won't be til Spring and we'll have a jr. again.

I need to check out our 4H requirements, but that's great advice! Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back