Painting my room- will Odyssey be ok?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odyssey~

Reaction score
Hello!

I’m going to be pairing my room soon and I just wanted to make sure that Odyssey would be okay with the paint smell. It’s a low scent eggshell paint, and I’m not going to let her in my room while it’s being painted.
Any other precautions I should take?

Thanks!

Crack open a window while painting for ventilation (for her and you) and I’d probably wait a day or two before letting her back in, just to be safe and make sure everything’s dry. Sometimes while the surface of paint is dry the undercoat still isn’t especially if the weather is humid.

Make sure it's completely dried. And if the smell is too strong for you to be in there long, it's much to strong for your rabbit. So making sure it has had sufficient time to dissipate and air out. If your rabbit shows any signs of discomfort or distress from the smell, remove your rabbit to a safe area until the paint has had more time to cure and is emitting less fumes. If your rabbit starts showing signs of unusual sneezing and nasal discharge, it's very likely the paint fumes are irritating the respiratory tract, and this could be potentially very harmful.

The best thing to use would be a pet safe paint with no VOCs or very low VOCs.

Latest posts

Back