PAGING ALL BREEDERS - PLEASE CHECK IN?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Howdy everyone! I'm trying to put together a list for my own reference - along with a project I'm thinking about taking on...and I was hoping breeders could maybe post on here some things..

a. What do you breed?
b. How long have you been breeding?
c. Have you bred any other breeds?

This way - if someone logs in with a question about a specific breed...I can PM some of y'all and go "HELP!" because I know I don't know all the answers - or even 1/4 of them. And our dear Pam Nock is so busy with homeschooling, helping in the rabbitry forum, the infirmary forum and everyplace else she's needed....that it would be nice if I could stop PM'ing her all the time and find other breeders to maybe read threads. (Pam hasn't asked this - I just know she's really busy).

Plus - I have a special project I'm thinking of....trying to decide about where to put it. I'll share more about it as I get ready to have us do it...just need to figure out where it should go. I'd love to see us do a thread for each breed that we have breeders for of "watch the ____ babies grow up". I did this with lionheads but I think it would be fascinating to see this with lops and flemish and rex and all the other breeds we have. It would be neat if as a breeder you could share with us as you watch the litter what you look for in a showable bunny and which bunny you think is the pick of the litter - that type of thing..

Thanks so much y'all!

Peg

Great idea! I already have a "Watch me grow" type thingy of pictures from day one to about 12 weeks for a REW fuzzy lop, and I am in the process of doing one for Checkereds. I'd be glad to share.

A. What do you breed?

American Fuzzy Lops

Checkered Giants

B. How long have you been breeding?

Somewhere around 9 years, though I did take a break from my own rabbits during my first three years of college, I still stayed active with fellow breeders and attending shows.

C. Have you bred any other breeds?

No, not on my own. But I work closely with a friend who also has a few other breeds. I have helped her out. Tans, Dwarf Hotot and Mini Satins would be the breeds I feel I know a decent amount about. Fuzzy Lops are my specialty, though!!

Wow, cool Peg. Never thought of doing this before.

A. What do you breed?

Dutch - In blacks and blues exclusively.

Jersey Woolies - In Agoutis, Brokens, and Otters exclusively.

I started raising Dutch in 1991 and added the Jerseys in 1995. I have been showing them since 1991. I LOVE IT. So many nice people. I do not have a lot of rabbits. There are currently 33 in total. I breed when I have room. I sell them as pets and as breeders. I also have denied people from buying one of my animals. I am also currently studying for my registrars license.

I have not. I feel that to breed too many different breeds and even too many varieties in a breed takes up too much room. I can concentrate on bettering my Dutch and my Woolies.

a. What do you breed?

Dutch and French Lop, mostly. But on the side I also have 3 English Angoras that I kind of play around with, I don't want tot ake this too far because Angoras take up too much of my time. But its fun to just keep a pair (the one i'm bunnysitting for winter) and show some babies and make some extra cashes selling them.
I also am starting with the Enderby Island Rabbit and Belgian Hares.

I've been breeding and raising rabbits on my own since I was 6-7 years old. LEts see that would have been....1995? I didn't really start raising particular breeds until 2003? 2004? I forget pick one! But I started out with a great herd and some delightful bunnies and I'm always added new and better lines to my own.

I had a brief fling with Jersey Woolies. But it was lust, not love.

A. What do you breed?

Flemish Giants and Mini Rex.

I have been seriously breeding since January of 2004, which is when I finally was able to get ahold of a couple of Flemish. I spent a little time breeding rabbits in 4-H, which was a good 10-12 years ago-holy cow, does that make me feel old....

C Have you ever bred anything else?

When I was in 4-H, I had standard rex, and a couple of Satins.

[align=left]a. What do you breed?[/align]
[align=left]I breed Standard Rex[/align]
[align=left]
b. How long have you been breeding?[/align]
[align=left]I've been breeding since 2004 and had rabbits for about 2yrs before that[/align]
[align=left]
c. Have you bred any other breeds?[/align]
[align=left]I've had Dutch/New Zealand crosses (were supposed to be NZs but when dutch size and markings started turning up :?lol we knew different), New Zealands, Mini Rex, Netherland Dwarfs[/align]

a. What do you breed?

Dutch - specifically black, but soon chocolates as well.

Since July 2006 .. haha. Half a year.

No.

What do you breed?

I breed mini-rex and have a few lionheads

How long have you been breeding?

I have been breeding and showing for 3 years

Have you bred any other breeds?

I have had mini-lops in the past

What do you breed?

We have a sampling of many breeds in the barn. Specialize in Holland Lops and Dwarf Hotots.

Fancy breeds for 17+ years. Previously raised commercial breeds. Former 4-H advisor and current ARBA Judge.

Tans, Himalayans, New Zealands, Netherland Dwarfs, Polish, Mini Rex, Beveren, Belgian Hares. . .

Also have had a sampling of other breeds in the barn including Jersey Wooly, French Lop, English Angora, English Spot, Lionheads, Checkered Giant and whatever else the kids end up bringing home!

Nock's Rabbitry

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

I breed Netherland Dwarfs and my son raises Dutch and Holland lops.I have been breeding rabbits since 1982.but my parents raised rabbits when i was a child.I have Bred Newzealands,English spots,English angoras,mini lops,mini rex,palominos and guinea pigs.bluebird

(a. What do you breed?)

Flemish Giants, Thriantas, English Lops

(b. How long have you been breeding?)

My family has been breeding for over 20 years

(c. Have you bred any other breeds?)

In order of when we bred them

NewZealands, Californians, Satins, french lops, Dutch, English spots, mini lops,Netherland Dwarfs, Jersey Woolies

A. What do you breed?

I breed New Zealand Whites.

I have been breeding since May of last year (but I have learned a lot in that time).

I bred non-pedigreed Mini Rexes for a short time.

I breed netherland dwarfs and a nethie lionheaddwrf mix, I have only been breeding for just over a year and haven'tbred any other type of rabbits

I realized the other day I totally forgot to addthe Silver Martins to my list. We loved raising the silver martins theywere a great breed.

a.what do u breed

i breed lionheads

b.how long have you been breeding

ive been breeding 2 years

c.have you bred any other breeds

yes ive bred mini lops and lionlops

A. What do you breed?
Mini Rex - Specializing in Lynx
Rex (on a limited scale)

I seriously started breeding March 2004- but my general rabbit experience and knowledge dates back 16 years :shock:.

Years ago I had Mini Lops and Mixed breeds.

~Sunshine

When I was younger I bred Dutch. Nowwe are in process of breeding and raising Mini Rex, Dutch andHimalayan. I don't know how long sorry.

What do you breed?

I breed mini lops

I have been breeding rabbits for 6 years, Started with mini Lopsthis year, however have owned mini lops as well as other breeds likedwarfs, rexes and dutch for 15 years.

I bred mixed breeds for 6 years. Focused on temperments and colors.

Latest posts

Back