Oxbow vs. Vetafarm pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pani

Bunny servant Lotte
Reaction score
The store I usually order pellets from don't have any of the standard Oxbow pellets in stock (although they do have the 'natural science' one available, which was accidentally sent to me last time, and the guys happily eat it) and I was browsing for alternatives, and happened across a brand called Vetafarm. The pellets are really cheap in comparison to Oxbow, however I'm not sure if they're okay in terms of what's in them. Here's what the website states:

Ingredients
Fescue, lucerne, oat fibre.
Whole grains: wheat, soybean and oats.
Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, D3, E, H & K.
Minerals: Calcium, cobalt, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, sulphur & zinc.

Guaranteed analysis
Min Crude Protein 13%
Min Fibre 16%
Min Crude Fat 3%
Max Salt (NaCl) 0.5%

Thoughts? If they're no good, I'll just get a pack of the Natural Science pellets, but if they're decent I might look at switching to Vetafarm. :)

I've also seen them before but wasn't keen on the lucerne and relatively low fiber content. Plus, there's no mention of the calcium content. I am confused as to the mention of wholegrains. Do they mean that those grains are whole in the packet as a muesli mix, or are they crushed up in the pellets? It's not very clear.

Thanks. :) Thought the price might be a bit too good to be true. I think we'll stick with Oxbow for now.

Latest posts

Back