Overreacting while bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hxkev

Reaction score
I have been bonding a male and a female bunny for almost 2 weeks now, and it was going nicely untily recently. In the beginning the female was a little aggressive and attacked the male a few times, this resulted in the male being too scared to move and whenever the female approached he either ran away and thumped or stiffened up like a stick (like I couldn't move him).

So I put them in a slighter smaller area, asd things were going a bit better, he didn't run away but he still seemed like he was scared because he still sat like a stick (I could tell he wasnt really comfortable, unlike the female who flopped like 5 times next to him).

After this I thought I could leave them alone in the bathroom, and they didnt fight as far as I was concerned, but the male still either ran away or sit uncomfortably. Im pretty sure the female wants to socialize with him but the male still just runs away and thumps. Although there were times where he licked her but it didnt last very long.

Should I keep leaving them in the bathroom and maybe the male will soften up and maybe get more comfortable? Or is there some other method of calming him down?

I would say Don’t leave them unsupervised at all until they are both completely 100% calm and Happy with each other! Looks like the male really doesn’t want to bond with female bun unfortunately:(

I agree don’t leave them unsupervised incase a fight occurs. You can try petting them at the same time while they’re near each other. Also feeding them some of their favorite veggies together may help. Also take some toys or blankets and the litter box out of the female’s cage and switch it out with the toys blankets and litter box of the male’s cage. This will allow them to get used to the other’s scent

Latest posts

Back