Oval poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Is this okay? it's oval,darker, and a bit bigger. i havent changed anything in her diet and it was fine this morning. what could this be from? pr is it normal? how can i treat her? i cant really go to a vet this week. should i worry?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 12
Oval shaped poop is not normal, and normally is a sign of gut slowdown. I would give her tummy massages and/or gas drops. You can give her 1 1-2 ml dose every hour for 3 hours and then 1-2 ml dose every 3-8 hours or as needed. Keep her eating lots of hay and drinking tons of water. To get her to drink water add some apple juice to her bowl, or give her some leafy greens soaked with water - no gassy veggies such as cabbages, broccoli, or kale. Make sure she stays warm, too. If she isn't doing better after 2 doses of gas drops I would go to the vet. If you don't have gas drops you can brew fennel seeds, peppermint tea, or chamomile tea in hot water and syringe feed it to your rabbit after it is cooled. No honey. Syringe it to your rabbit every hour. These should help get gas out. It is a substitute for Infant Gas Drops.

Oval shaped poop is not normal, and normally is a sign of gut slowdown. I would give her tummy massages and/or gas drops. You can give her 1 1-2 ml dose every hour for 3 hours and then 1-2 ml dose every 3-8 hours or as needed. Keep her eating lots of hay and drinking tons of water. To get her to drink water add some apple juice to her bowl, or give her some leafy greens soaked with water - no gassy veggies such as cabbages, broccoli, or kale. Make sure she stays warm, too. If she isn't doing better after 2 doses of gas drops I would go to the vet. If you don't have gas drops you can brew fennel seeds, peppermint tea, or chamomile tea in hot water and syringe feed it to your rabbit after it is cooled. No honey. Syringe it to your rabbit every hour. These should help get gas out. It is a substitute for Infant Gas Drops.

Thank you, her poop was fine, but then she started eating hay and pooped these oval ones, only the ones in the picture. After that I cleaned it up, and she was still eating, and the poop was back to normal. What can cause her gut to slow down?

Gut slow down is caused by stress, pain, lack of exercise, and diet change. That is great she is still eating and her poop is back to normal! She sounds to be back on track 😊

We went to the vet today and she got scared/stressed and now her poop is in all kinds of shapes and sizes, she’s been eating alot of hay and she takes brakes to drink water, I ignored it thinking that it would go back to normal like always but it didn’t, I made camomile tea and I’m waiting for it to cool, how much should I give her?I don’t have gas drops

I would only give her 1-2 ml since she is eating perfectly fine. The poops should go back to normal soon since she is eating so much hay and drinking plenty of water.

I would only give her 1-2 ml since she is eating perfectly fine. The poops should go back to normal soon since she is eating so much hay and drinking plenty of water.
I gave her 100 ml😱, she hated it so i put tiny drops of orange juice and she kept begging for it

That is a lot! I wouldn't give her anymore. She should be getting better, but the tea might have hurt her stomach since you gave her so much.

That is a lot! I wouldn't give her anymore. She should be getting better, but the tea might have hurt her stomach since you gave her so much.
She’s been eating alot and drinks well too, she’s also playing and running around, but her poop is still in shapes, there are round ones but there are also oval ones

It might take a while for her poops to go completely back to normal, so wait a few days and if it get worse let me know.

Latest posts

Back